Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

23 minutes ago, mse326 said:

For the last year or two he has been knocking on the door. Playing with and beating Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. But he has been falling on his face in the grand slams losing way earlier than he should. Think he brought in Lendl this year to help him get over the hurdle.

He's insanely talented. He's the next tennis superstar.

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This match against Raonic showed exactly what I was talking about. For whatever reason in the grand slams he just doesn't perform like he is capable of. All the talent in the world but can't put it together in the 4 most important events.

• Like 1

This match feels like the French Open in 2008, where Nadal beat Federer so badly that it was a precursor for him beating Federer at Wimbledon.

I think Djokovic takes the French Open this year.

I also wonder if Federer, feeling his record more and more threatened, tries to play the French Open this year. I doubt it, but he has to be worried.

Edited by seminoles1

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This match feels like the French Open in 2008, where Nadal beat Federer so badly that it was a precursor for him beating Federer at Wimbledon.

I think Djokovic takes the French Open this year.

I also wonder if Federer, feeling his record more and more threatened, tries to play the French Open this year. I doubt it, but he has to be worried.

He won’t play the French open unless Nadal is out injured. Clay doesn’t suit him

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 8:32 PM, hornbybrown said:

He won’t play the French open unless Nadal is out injured. Clay doesn’t suit him

Federer announced yesterday that he'll be playing clay this season.

He can't be letting any Slam opportunities go to waste, even as much of a longshot as the French.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:38 AM, beekay414 said:

I have a really hard time saying Zverev will ever be a superstar. Then again, we've been spoiled the last 15 years, it will be hard to call anyone a superstar for a little while. He could reach Safin levels imo but not much higher