Dupree Looks OK, Woooot

fattlipp

Well 3 years ago he was the #1 ranked WR prospect his age in the world, hence upside, if he came out last year he probably would have been a 1st rounder, when was the last time we drafted a 1st round WR?  If he played at NC with Mitch he would have been in the lottery this year.

2014 Dupre ranks as the nation's No. 1 wide receiver according to the ESPN 300.

Course Speedy Noil was ranked that high as well. #1 in a fe rankings... oh well, 

Dupree reminds me of AJ Green... Watched 10-15 LSU games and hated that he didn't get used....I was elated when he came here.

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Well 3 years ago he was the #1 ranked WR prospect his age in the world, hence upside, if he came out last year he probably would have been a 1st rounder, when was the last time we drafted a 1st round WR?  If he played at NC with Mitch he would have been in the lottery this year.

2014 Dupre ranks as the nation's No. 1 wide receiver according to the ESPN 300.

Course Speedy Noil was ranked that high as well. #1 in a fe rankings... oh well, 

Dupree reminds me of AJ Green... Watched 10-15 LSU games and hated that he didn't get used....I was elated when he came here.

I feel like you do, I really like the kid.  Not sure of the AJ Green comp, just from a speed standpoint, but I get that Dupree has some impressive skills.

But...he's be a safe stash on the practice squad.  If this injury keeps him out a while, he will have little tape on him out there.  And every other team passed on him in the draft, so it isn't like anyone is really watching for him right now.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm glad he's ok, but..."Has the most upside of any WR we've had wince Walker."...whaat? :lol:

There are at least 3 WRs on this team now that had/have higher upside!

Who? Nelson, Cobb, Adams are who they are. Maybe Adams has some room to grow.

Allison is capped by being an average athelte.

Davis is capped by a frail frame, he's soft. I see a deep threat only there.

Janis has world's of potential but I'm off that train. His head just isn't there.

That leaves Yancey and Dupre. I would say Dupre has far more upside than Yancey. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Janis has world's of potential but I'm off that train. His head just isn't there.

That leaves Yancey and Dupre. I would say Dupre has far more upside than Yancey. 

Jordy had far more upside (and has realized it). Adams has/had more upside and is currently realizing it. And Janis had more upside but is not realizing it.

Not so sure Incog..... Jordy/Adams/Janis were never though of as the best player in the country at any point in their class/age.  All Dupree did to hurt his value is never get an opportunity because of horrendous QB play and LF carrying the rock.

His speed is only 0.03 or so less than Green at the combine and has similar body control / hands.   I can picture him having at least a Javon Walker type career given the opportunity. 

AJ green - combine  4.49     pro day : skipped

Malachi Dupree -  combine  4.52    pro day 4.46

I do have to admit getting burned by this logic when we brought in Kregg Lumpkin.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Didn't reports say he built his frame up this year? Don't think he's capped from that standpoint. Think he has potential to grow still.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Bigger-means-better-for-Trevor-Davis/c019a8a8-4ec1-4fbd-929d-5c57d8864df9

If a receiver doesn't have 50 catches as a rookie there's no hope for them according to Packer fans.  That's the only reason people are high on Dupre/Yancey.  This time next year Dupre and Yancey will be afterthoughts.  People who actually know what they're talking about have said that Davis was going to need a year to get up to NFL levels, but since he didn't do anything last year except catch a TD in the NFL, he's not doing anything ever. 

Malachi Dupre was released from the hospital this morning, according to one of his agents who said "he went through normal medical protocol to ensure he did not have any extensive injuries to his head and neck. He had a few scans and test and everything came back negative and he was released this morning."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Archived