Brandon Marshall WR signs with Seahawks

49erurtaza

28 minutes ago, Sacks98 said:

He may be washed up not sure why people are treating him like he is crazy i get that he has been diagnosed with a mental disorder but it's not like he has acted out recently.

Marshall's litany of off field problems can't all be blamed on a mental disorder. In his last full season of 2016, there was a locker room incident with another Jet, Marshall was hurt early last season with the Giants, that was a partial season. He's been a very productive receiver in the past, but has also worn out his welcome, and the lack of postseason appearances isn't a disconnected event. Seattle wants to get back to the playoffs, and Marshall is being brought in for a specific role, minus the drama.  

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Why all the assumptions he's washed up? o.O

2016 really seemed like the first time he was no longer "quarterback proof", and seemed to be declining noticeably.  Then 2017 was a writeoff year for him.  That's not trending in the right direction for a 34 year old receiver...where even the good ones tend to start washing up.

Just now, Tugboat said:

2016 really seemed like the first time he was no longer "quarterback proof", and seemed to be declining noticeably.  Then 2017 was a writeoff year for him.  That's not trending in the right direction for a 34 year old receiver...where even the good ones tend to start washing up.

I totally agree that the odds aren't with him. But...he was a Jet in '16, right? I mean, I'm not saying I'm the world's biggest Marshall fan, or anything, but I've yet to see proof he's still not a good player. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I totally agree that the odds aren't with him. But...he was a Jet in '16, right? I mean, I'm not saying I'm the world's biggest Marshall fan, or anything, but I've yet to see proof he's still not a good player. 

Yeah.  It's not impossible, just...pretty unlikely that he's still going to be a big impact player.  Seems like a good landing spot in Seattle though, where he should have a niche mostly to himself...and a good QB for the first time in...ever really.

I really like it as a low-risk, decent reward potential move at an easy cap hit.  And Pete and the gang have handled some "big personalities" before as well, and got good play out of them.

Archived