Chiefs OL Becomes a Doctor

Chiefer

Starting RG and Quebeckian(?) Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for Chiefs completes one of his lifes dream.

Slow offseason but i thought this was pretty cool. This never happens. He wanted to put MD on his jersey but Reid nixed that idea.

41 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He wanted to put MD on his jersey but Reid nixed that idea.

At first I was thinking they should allow it, but thinking about it more I'm fine with Reid vetoing that request.  I mean, you start with MD and then you'll start seeing CPA, CFA, etc...

Working in IT and seeing people with too many titles in their email signatures irks me already.  I don't care to see ITIL, PMP, CISSP, CISA, etc... in one title...

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what if he gets hurt? Does he diagnose his own injuries then? 

He was asked that and said thats what the teams doctors get paid for not him

Goes for fellow teammates asking for medical advice

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:
Starting RG and Quebeckian(?) Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for Chiefs completes one of his lifes dream.

Slow offseason but i thought this was pretty cool. This never happens. He wanted to put MD on his jersey but Reid nixed that idea.

@rudyZ I need a ruling as to the bolded. Quebeckian? Quebecian?  Nordique? Hab? Broken hearted hockey fan? Worshipper at the altar of Joe Sakic? What are these people called, man!!!

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

@rudyZ I need a ruling as to the bolded. Quebeckian? Quebecian?  Nordique? Hab? Broken hearted hockey fan? Worshipper at the altar of Joe Sakic? What are these people called, man!!!

Quebecois. 

If that's too francophone, Quebecer/Quebecker.

15 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

At first I was thinking they should allow it, but thinking about it more I'm fine with Reid vetoing that request.  I mean, you start with MD and then you'll start seeing CPA, CFA, etc...

Working in IT and seeing people with too many titles in their email signatures irks me already.  I don't care to see ITIL, PMP, CISSP, CISA, etc... in one title...

As a CPA...I feel like its safe to say you won't run into many of those on the gridiron lol A doctor at least might know a thing or 2 about staying in peak physical shape

15 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Quebecois. 

If that's too francophone, Quebecer/Quebecker.

I wouldn't bother with the french (but if you're going to bother, don't forget the accents ;)), for english speakers. Quebecer is fine.

Congrats to Laurent! He worked hard for everything, great guy, well-spoken, smart. If only I could claim he represents what we all are around here...

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I wouldn't bother with the french (but if you're going to bother, don't forget the accents ;)), for english speakers. Quebecer is fine.

Congrats to Laurent! He worked hard for everything, great guy, well-spoken, smart. If only I could claim he represents what we all are around here...

I mean, you could claim that. Only the 49ers fans would know you're full of it :P

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As a CPA...I feel like its safe to say you won't run into many of those on the gridiron lol A doctor at least might know a thing or 2 about staying in peck physical shape

Just thinking that myself. Would be a cool thing on a shoulder pad - maybe in place of a "C" patch. 

Archived