Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

I don't think it was too lame.  The interaction between Negan and Alpha was right out of the books, and was something that I think some folks were looking forward to happening.  

OK, they might have ramped up the drama in the cave a bit too much, but I certainly could relate to Jerry's airplane bathroom story.  I'm not sure if Magna and Kelly are actually gone, but they did have to ramp up the story line a bit to accomplish that.  Carol is my favorite character, but I'm about to jump off the bandwagon.  I get that she's got a significant issue with Alpha, but she's acting like a complete idiot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Wow, what a surprise.

@JTagg7754 what did you think?

if you thought it sucked, thats probably it for me. iirc, you may be the biggest fan here still.

It is sitting in my tivo, just daring me to watch it

I didn't think it was bad at all. I didn't like the first few scenes in the cave but there was still some suspense so it balanced it out. The Alpha/Negan interactions were excellent as always. He's stealing this season for sure. Hopefully gonna be stealing something else later also lol. Carol is annoying again after being annoying, then being badass, then being annoying again, then being badass again, then being annoying again etc etc lol

11 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I don't think it was too lame.  The interaction between Negan and Alpha was right out of the books, and was something that I think some folks were looking forward to happening.  

OK, they might have ramped up the drama in the cave a bit too much, but I certainly could relate to Jerry's airplane bathroom story.  I'm not sure if Magna and Kelly are actually gone, but they did have to ramp up the story line a bit to accomplish that.  Carol is my favorite character, but I'm about to jump off the bandwagon.  I get that she's got a significant issue with Alpha, but she's acting like a complete idiot.

Magan is annoying as well. I don't like her at all. Kelly is a fan favorite so she's definitely fine

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I dont even know who these people are and i watched all the other episodes

Magna (misspelled earlier) is the tattooed girl who came in w/ the new group at the beginning of S9 and Kelly is the deaf girl

EDIT: I got mixed up, it's Connie, not Kelly

Edited by JTagg7754

I barely held on during S6-7, TBH.   S8 was a welcome change.   The influx of new characters and focus away from Rick / Carl was a much-needed change. 

Having said that, Carol is dragging the show down in a HUGE way this year.    That last ep was pretty jump-the-shark-worthy for her character.    I know that it's likely that Magna & Kelly (the 2 left in the cave) are probably still alive (at least for a little while longer lol)...but that was beyond ridiculous character development for Carol.   It's just a waste of air time at this stage.  It's a shame, because she was such a nuanced, complex character - but this last turn with her grief, while on the surface understandable, is just so lazily and poorly written/executed.  

S8 really saved TWD from dying out, but if this is the direction they are going in...man, I dunno if I can last beyond this season.   I'll stick it out for sure out of loyalty, but I have to say this wasn't a promising start for the 2H.   

On 2/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, Broncofan said:

I barely held on during S6-7, TBH.   S8 was a welcome change.   The influx of new characters and focus away from Rick / Carl was a much-needed change. 

Having said that, Carol is dragging the show down in a HUGE way this year.    That last ep was pretty jump-the-shark-worthy for her character.    I know that it's likely that Magna & Kelly (the 2 left in the cave) are probably still alive (at least for a little while longer lol)...but that was beyond ridiculous character development for Carol.   It's just a waste of air time at this stage.  It's a shame, because she was such a nuanced, complex character - but this last turn with her grief, while on the surface understandable, is just so lazily and poorly written/executed.  

S8 really saved TWD from dying out, but if this is the direction they are going in...man, I dunno if I can last beyond this season.   I'll stick it out for sure out of loyalty, but I have to say this wasn't a promising start for the 2H.   

I personally think we're seeing Carol's exit. I don't disagree though, she's becoming the worst. Stupid decisions and just overall becoming unbearable to watch. Aside from her though, I don't see too much of a problem w/ the rest of the cast.Some irk me but I can't really find too many shows where there isn't a handful of characters that are annoying especially if they have a cast as large as this show does. I can't hold that against them.

This show really just became unwatchable when they introduced Negan. I know you guys have probably heard it so many times before, but we never found out why the outbreak started, nor is there any real advancement in the plot, it's just cyclical. I'm glad you guys enjoy it though.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:25 AM, JTagg7754 said:

I personally think we're seeing Carol's exit. I don't disagree though, she's becoming the worst. Stupid decisions and just overall becoming unbearable to watch. Aside from her though, I don't see too much of a problem w/ the rest of the cast.Some irk me but I can't really find too many shows where there isn't a handful of characters that are annoying especially if they have a cast as large as this show does. I can't hold that against them.

I don't know about her exit.  I've read that she had just signed a 3 year contract.  I think that she and Daryl will be there to the end.

• Like 1

Is it safe to assume there are different writers this year, or no?

Also, the actress that plays Gamma is beyond bad. Tonight really showed that. Actually a lot of the acting has kind of went south. Gabriel especially. I wonder if they're all getting bored of this as well. 

That was like an 80s slasher movie. I loved that part.  They didn't need to try to make it seem like Daryl or Beta were gonna die though. Their plot armor is way too strong to die now. Alpha though, I was curious if Lydia would do it but if she dies, there's only one way it can happen. 

Few things I didn't like but overall, I did enjoy it mainly bc of the feel of the episode. Felt like a Halloween movie. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

That was like an 80s slasher movie. I loved that part.  They didn't need to try to make it seem like Daryl or Beta were gonna die though. Their plot armor is way too strong to die now. Alpha though, I was curious if Lydia would do it but if she dies, there's only one way it can happen. 

Few things I didn't like but overall, I did enjoy it mainly bc of the feel of the episode. Felt like a Halloween movie. 

Beta going underground to get into Alexandria, then going full on slasher to make a mini walker hoard inside the walls.  

The group that jumped Mary and Beta and still Beta gets away.....that was shoddy.  that many people vs him walking on a road, he should never escape.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Beta going underground to get into Alexandria, then going full on slasher to make a mini walker hoard inside the walls.  

The group that jumped Mary and Beta and still Beta gets away.....that was shoddy.  that many people vs him walking on a road, he should never escape.  

Plot armor definitely ruins some things. Had they maybe had a small group and a small fight where Mary lives, he escapes and a couple no names die, it would've fared better IMO

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Plot armor definitely ruins some things. Had they maybe had a small group and a small fight where Mary lives, he escapes and a couple no names die, it would've fared better IMO

Just seemed improbably odds that they jump out with guns and ammo and he is able to escape.  Take your shot from the trees and put him down.  Just poor decision on that scene.  

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

How about when Beta was in the upstairs hallway, and Rosita was behind him with a knife. Instead of sneaking up and stabbing him from behind, she yells "hey!" to get his attention. xD

I get it's a show about zombies, so I shouldn't take it that seriously. But stupid writing like that just irks me.