Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think the reason the show isn't as good anymore is because after they eliminated the core group that made it through the original seasons the decided to replace them with a very large cast.  So you lose a character you've followed for years, and gain 5 to replace them and there's no time to get to know these new characters enough to give a crap about them.  

I really agree w/ this as well. All the characters I used to really enjoy aren't really ever a focal point any more b/c they have so many damn people to touch on. In fact, most of the time I say anything about a character, it's that I cant' stand them (Tara, mostly).

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I really agree w/ this as well. All the characters I used to really enjoy aren't really ever a focal point any more b/c they have so many damn people to touch on. In fact, most of the time I say anything about a character, it's that I cant' stand them (Tara, mostly).

Ya the replacement cast has been a mixture of boring characters and bad casting in some cases.  

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think the reason the show isn't as good anymore is because after they eliminated the core group that made it through the original seasons the decided to replace them with a very large cast.  So you lose a character you've followed for years, and gain 5 to replace them and there's no time to get to know these new characters enough to give a crap about them.  

Trying to copy the Game of Thrones formula of a huge ensemble cast to make the shows universe feel bigger.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Am I the only one who wished the Hunters story arc was longer and fleshed out more? (No pun intended)

Season 5 was the pinnacle of this show and season 3 was pretty solid. 

This ties into the above post in terms of timeline with characters dying and being added. The season five storyline could have been spaced out before the Alexandria seasons for sure. No Negan and all of the other stuff people started to tune out because of.

Haven't watched since Glenn died TBH. but just looking at this shows ratings. Its on it's last legs. Shame it seems they aren't going to progress the story, but that's in part because the author or the original comic series is "never going to say what caused the whole thing."

There's no sense of progression or closure ever in this show and it all just feels regurgitated, repetitive, and aimless. Show got boring.

The show was always pretty boring to me but I started binge watching for the first time before the episode Glenn died. Never had an interest before because it seemed aimless and random and as a result boring to me. Of course, you get into a show when you can watch uninterrupted one episode into the next, and then the last two seasons I've been keeping up because I don't want to quit.

I'm pretty sure these changes will either be the last season for the show or it will lead into a better show where the arch is established.

The introduction of Eugene and Abraham was the last time the show truly felt "Okay, we have a plan, we're going somewhere."

Season 5 was a very well written action packed cold heartless moment of where you felt the previously innocent group Rick had genuinely say "Alright, no more playing around, we're going to survive no matter the cost. Kill anyone who threatens us, no mercy."

Season 6 honestly got ruined for me when that one chick's dumb-*** son got their whole family eaten. Had a chance to genuinely pull Rick back to the realm of reality. 

• Like 1

The introduction of Eugene and Abraham was the last time the show truly felt "Okay, we have a plan, we're going somewhere."

Season 5 was a very well written action packed cold heartless moment of where you felt the previously innocent group Rick had genuinely say "Alright, no more playing around, we're going to survive no matter the cost. Kill anyone who threatens us, no mercy."

Season 6 honestly got ruined for me when that one chick's dumb-*** son got their whole family eaten. Had a chance to genuinely pull Rick back to the realm of reality. 

Agreed 100%

The show creators don't care about anything but $. Game of Thrones is ending as they don't want it to get stale even though it's still really interesting and popular. Breaking Bad ended after 5 seasons because they didn't wanna get stale either and wanted to go out on top. This show has really over stayed its welcome and the show creators sound like they want multiple seasons more even without Rick. It will be cancelled before the show writers pull the plug which will be embarrassing. 

It use to be a Top 5 show of mine but the past 2 seasons were dreadful. Even the second half of Season 5 was pretty dang bad. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Game of Thrones is ending as they don't want it to get stale even though it's still really interesting and popular.

GoT is ending because the arc of the whole show is ending.

You're probably right about TWD though. It'll drag on a couple years longer than it should.

5 minutes ago, MathMan said:

It would be an interesting twist if we find out that only the Georgia area is affected, and they are all under quarantine.

That would be especially interesting since some of the characters came in from out of state (Eugene)

37 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

GoT is ending because the arc of the whole show is ending.

You're probably right about TWD though. It'll drag on a couple years longer than it should.

GOT is ending because D&D are complete morons that ended up with a few cast members getting paid 2.5 mil per episode. So had to set an endpoint early, and rush the tale with shortened seasons.

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

He's a government insider doing research on the epidemic.

He's just one character, what about the other ones they've met in their travels? The Jersey boys Rick shoots in the bar from season 2 as one example.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

GOT is ending because D&D are complete morons that ended up with a few cast members getting paid 2.5 mil per episode. So had to set an endpoint early, and rush the tale with shortened seasons.

A bit of that, a bit of GRRM not having the source material ready, a bit of greed from the cast, a bit of production costs going through the roof.