Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

58 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I found it very underwhelming considering the delay. It's good that they finally have an end date.

I have a feeling if it aired when it was supposed to, we would feel a little better about it. 

Like Trent said above, wasn't there greatest, wasn't the worst. I'm ok with it. Will be interested in seeing how they do the next part since it's obviously following the comics

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I have a feeling if it aired when it was supposed to, we would feel a little better about it. 

Like Trent said above, wasn't there greatest, wasn't the worst. I'm ok with it. Will be interested in seeing how they do the next part since it's obviously following the comics

You're probably right. Just the delay and them trying to build it up to be something amazing just made it fall a little flat for me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So much exposition, so little development. Major letdown for the first episode back after a long delay.

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Thats been the Walking Dead mantra for a while now.

so glad i stopped watching

It's also how they've usually written in the season ending - it's the epilogue after the climactic battle on the next-to-last season episode.   It's even more jarring when you add a long delay between episodes.

TWD had a bit of a renaissance 2 years ago, but it's really just playing out the string now.     I'll remember the series fondly...but I'll also be happy when the end mercifully comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

TWD had a bit of a renaissance 2 years ago, but it's really just playing out the string now.     I'll remember the series fondly...but I'll also be happy when the end mercifully comes.

Exactly this. The series got new life after Rick left but now it’s basically unrecognizable. It’s really just the Daryl Show.

Because there is an end in sight, I’ll happily keep watching in hopes they do the final story Justice and have a respectable wrap up. 

• Like 1

A couple of years ago, that Daryl-Carol ep would have been really welcome.    It's just so tired now.   I did like the new character, and it was nice to see Dog's origins.  But it's just setting up the same tried and true formula, just with different members of the original crew.

I'll see it through, but it's definitely more out of loyalty and completionism than anything else now.

• 4 weeks later...

This show is truly dead isn't it? Finally caught up on this season and what a slog just to make it through. Why does every episode have to be just acute to just a handful of specific characters? I know they've done these in the past but seems like this entire season so far has been this way. I much prefer the GOT format where you get little snippets of multiple stories at a time. Whole episodes of Carol chasing a rat...Daryl looking fuel hose for his bike, Princess in a box car hallucinating. Not even all that interested in whatever this new faction is. Why do I even watch this?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shockwave said:

This show is truly dead isn't it? Finally caught up on this season and what a slog just to make it through. Why does every episode have to be just acute to just a handful of specific characters? I know they've done these in the past but seems like this entire season so far has been this way. I much prefer the GOT format where you get little snippets of multiple stories at a time. Whole episodes of Carol chasing a rat...Daryl looking fuel hose for his bike, Princess in a box car hallucinating. Not even all that interested in whatever this new faction is. Why do I even watch this?

I missed the last 2 episodes and was not impressed by the first few in this sequence prior.  Just dragging out storyline it feels like.

• Like 1

These 6 episodes were basically ones to help give some backstory to some of the characters, as well as provide some "filler" between the end of what was actually Season 10 and Season 11.  Season 11 would have already been underway had it not been for Covid.  We're simply learning a bit more about some of the characters.  It was also a good way to not have to use any of the last season on reintroducing Maggie to the show.  Looking forward to the Negan backstory.  I've heard some good things about it.  FTWD will be back in another week, and it has been pretty solid.