Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I thought they did this very well. I like how they kept him alive strictly from a future movie standpoint but he won't be on the show. Big fan of this season. They've done a great job reviving it

Sucks I read a ton of spoilers already bc I thought the show was never going to go back uphill and gave up. Oh well

So hes alive...? Not able to watch 

On 11/4/2018 at 9:59 PM, BlaqOptic said:

I know Andrew Lincoln has very valid reasons for leaving the show and I am selfish in being upset, but I feel like if you sign on as the lead for a show like this, then you have to ride it out. Especially when the writers then have to crappily write you off like that.

I read that the plan has been in place for 4 seasons to write him out. They wanted the war to finish first.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I read that the plan has been in place for 4 seasons to write him out. They wanted the war to finish first.

Andrew Lincoln himself he had no plans on leaving until last season, but he stuck around because he thought it would be bad storytelling to kill Carl and Rick in the same season.  

On 1/11/2018 at 3:26 AM, Malfatron said:

alpha or beta

remember when jadis captured rick and drew an A on him. thats because rick was an alpha.

jadis thought gabriel was a Beta who she could easily manipulate, but she later considered him an Alpha for standing up to her ("i thought you were a B")

also, thats why the group shes talking to gives more values to As.

That is so dumb.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, BlaqOptic said:

I know Andrew Lincoln has very valid reasons for leaving the show and I am selfish in being upset, but I feel like if you sign on as the lead for a show like this, then you have to ride it out. Especially when the writers then have to crappily write you off like that.

He's been doing the show for nearly a decade, at a certain point you've given your fans the hunk of flesh they want.

I liked Rick's "hallucination" scene with Shane. Seemed like Rick came to peace with his cuckoldry.

Edited by cddolphin

On 6/7/2018 at 12:05 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Welp looks like this show is over. Andrew Lincoln is leaving after season 9. No idea how this show continues with Rick leaving the show. There is no possible way to salvage the show once that happens. If they still had Carl and Negan together, MAYBE the show could survive. But putting Darryl as the lead would sink the ship. I like Darryl, but he's not a developed enough character to carry a show that needs a spark.

The death of the show was trying to get fans interested in useless characters. Too much time spent on ancillary characters and side storylines that went nowhere. And then terrible writing choices like having multiple chances to kill Negan (from like 10 different people in "the group") to killing Carl. No idea why they decided to write Carl off. He was the 2nd most important character in The Walking Dead and I just wish his death was at least more profound than "oh, a random walker got him." Have a "big bad" take him out if you're insistent on getting him off the show. But instead he gets a meaningless death for shock value.

I hate to be the jaded critic, but the writers on this show really do suck. It sounds weird to say, but there weren't many eye roll moments in the first few seasons of TWD. There are like 5-6 eye roll moments in each episode since Negan arrived. And Negan's great--it's the plot that surrounds everything else that isn't.

Backtracking through this thread, Chandler Riggs bought a home in ATL, was going to attend school in a university. AMC didn’t want to pay him the amount they paid Lincoln and Reedus, as he was turning 18.  AMC told Gimple to kill him off. Gimple did it, another small reason why Lincoln left the show, with his family being the bigger reason.