Steeler forum fantasy football

KJtheWicked

So everyone knows, I was able to add an IR spot. I don’t know the requirements on the site for it, I couldn’t find an option. I don’t wanna see anyone putting guys on IR unless they’re actually on IR. I’ve seen people in other leagues use the IR spot for a guy who’s probable just to pick up an extra free agent. So if you have a guy like Guice who’s out for the year, you can now stick him on IR to open a roster spot. 

I think waivers are executed on Wednesday’s, but I could be wrong, I’ll have to check on that. I changed to waiver priority as the inverse draft order for this week, then it’ll go by inverse standings.

27 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

So everyone knows, I was able to add an IR spot. I don’t know the requirements on the site for it, I couldn’t find an option. I don’t wanna see anyone putting guys on IR unless they’re actually on IR. I’ve seen people in other leagues use the IR spot for a guy who’s probable just to pick up an extra free agent. So if you have a guy like Guice who’s out for the year, you can now stick him on IR to open a roster spot. 

I think waivers are executed on Wednesday’s, but I could be wrong, I’ll have to check on that. I changed to waiver priority as the inverse draft order for this week, then it’ll go by inverse standings.

I just want to be clear with this, if we have someone that is definitely out for a game, it is fine, but otherwise we shouldn't use the spot correct? Like it could be used for a 2 game absence or any suspensions in addition to the IR?

What do you guys think? Should we do only IR guys on the IR? Or guys who are Out? Problem with guys who are out, is a lot of the time they are listed as questionable even when they’re obviously going to be ruled out. I don’t wanna see questionable guys on IR.

Ok, never mind, I just did some digging. The IR spot can only be used for players officially labeled by their team as IR, SUSP, NON(non-football related IR), PUP, or EXE. If/when the player is removed by their team from those designations, you can keep them there if you wish, but you won’t be able to make ANY roster moves. No adds, drops, or trades, since your roster will be deemed illegal. You can still play and score fantasy points, but until you fix your illegal roster, it won’t let you make any moves. 

As for how how to place the player on IR, you just click the icon you would to move a guy into or out of your lineup, and a reserve spot will appear. Hope that clears things up.

3 hours ago, KJtheWicked said:

Ok, never mind, I just did some digging. The IR spot can only be used for players officially labeled by their team as IR, SUSP, NON(non-football related IR), PUP, or EXE. If/when the player is removed by their team from those designations, you can keep them there if you wish, but you won’t be able to make ANY roster moves. No adds, drops, or trades, since your roster will be deemed illegal. You can still play and score fantasy points, but until you fix your illegal roster, it won’t let you make any moves. 

As for how how to place the player on IR, you just click the icon you would to move a guy into or out of your lineup, and a reserve spot will appear. Hope that clears things up.

Hmm, it appears then that I just have to wait until Edelman is listed as SUSP by NFL.com

Archived