Steeler forum fantasy football

KJtheWicked

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

If we're lucky. :S

well i am just guessing on how long a 12 team league draft takes. All my other leagues are either 16, 32, or 42 team leagues. some of the rookie drafts in those leagues will take 2 months

2 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

well i am just guessing on how long a 12 team league draft takes. All my other leagues are either 16, 32, or 42 team leagues. some of the rookie drafts in those leagues will take 2 months

2 weeks would be a record but it doesn't even need to be done that quickly. 3 weeks would be fine. 

42 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

42 teams?!?! I don’t think I even know 42 people! Lol! My big league is a 16 team league with 9 keepers per team.

Last years draft took right around a month, and it was only 17 rounds. This year it’s 20. So that’s why I wanna get rolling. I’m gonna jump on the site now and get us a random draft order. 

Make sure you note that we are doing keepers. One RB, One WR, and one flex. Also note we are doing PPR. 

3 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

42 teams?!?! I don’t think I even know 42 people! Lol! My big league is a 16 team league with 9 keepers per team.

Last years draft took right around a month, and it was only 17 rounds. This year it’s 20. So that’s why I wanna get rolling. I’m gonna jump on the site now and get us a random draft order. 

Make sure you note that we are doing keepers. One RB, One WR, and one flex. Also note we are doing PPR. 

the 42 team is basically three 14 team leagues combined into 1. its 3 individual conferences with 1 copy of every player in each conference. 3 conference winners play in a 2 week superbowl. sounds more complicated than it really is

Ok, so I set the online draft date for tomorrow at 11am. At 10:30am it will generate a random order. We’re not doing the online draft, I’m gonna cancel it once we get the order. But that’s the only way it’d generate an order for us. Once that’s done I’ll start a draft thread and we can get started.

Just an fyi: I usually get home around 7A EST and sleep till about 12P.  So if by some luck of the draw I get an early pick I may not make it until around 12P.  Now if you wanna go ahead and give me the #1 pick I will make it now. That just seems easier :ph34r:.

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Just an fyi: I usually get home around 7A EST and sleep till about 12P.  So if by some luck of the draw I get an early pick I may not make it until around 12P.  Now if you wanna go ahead and give me the #1 pick I will make it now. That just seems easier :ph34r:.

It’s no worries, it’ll be like last year. Just hopefully we aren’t waiting 2-3 days on people like last year.

Well I got us a draft order. Problem is, I can’t figure out how to cancel the online draft. Only thing I can think of is if one of you drop out of the league it’ll postpone it, then I can send you a new invite. Otherwise it’ll just draft on its own and I’ll have to go in and remove everyone. This is dumb lol. 

27 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Yeah I seen those. I was just trying to do it the most honest way possible, so everyone could see the order generate. Not that I would do this, but I could generate one of those 10 times until I got the spot I wanted. 

1 minute ago, KJtheWicked said:

Yeah I seen those. I was just trying to do it the most honest way possible, so everyone could see the order generate. Not that I would do this, but I could generate one of those 10 times until I got the spot I wanted. 

If that's a concern, this emails the results to all members. The only "problem" is you have to enter all the email addresses which is tedious. 

https://fftoolbox.scoutfantasysports.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

If that's a concern, this emails the results to all members. The only "problem" is you have to enter all the email addresses which is tedious. 

https://fftoolbox.scoutfantasysports.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Yeah, its fine, I’ll get it fixed. Funny part is, I went out of my way to make sure everyone knew I was generating it honestly, and it ended up giving me the exact spot I wanted. I pick 5th!

Ok quick update. They told me on Twitter that I can exit the draft and let it auto pick, then I can go in and reset the draft. I’m gonna go ahead and try that. I screen shot the draft order, so I have that. Once I get home from work this afternoon I’ll be able to sit down and work on this a little more and post the order. @Chieferific has the 1st pick.

just so I’m certain, @warfelg, @popie70, @muncher What are your team names? Pretty sure War is Rudolph. I just wanna make sure I have that right before I create a draft thread.

Archived