Steeler forum fantasy football

KJtheWicked

hey guys really sorry about that in the future if I am not available like that again just pick the BPA at a position of need I like to have double depth like two defenses to Kickers Etc so if there's a position I still need give me to BPA otherwise at running back or wide receiver. I was called out on a job Thursday night and sent to an area without service I just got back into town a few hours ago hence the delay. I actually tried to check this morning because I figured I'd be on the clock soon and I realized then that I did not have service so at that point I couldn't even let any of you know.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

hey guys really sorry about that in the future if I am not available like that again just pick the BPA at a position of need I like to have double depth like two defenses to Kickers Etc so if there's a position I still need give me to BPA otherwise at running back or wide receiver. I was called out on a job Thursday night and sent to an area without service I just got back into town a few hours ago hence the delay. I actually tried to check this morning because I figured I'd be on the clock soon and I realized then that I did not have service so at that point I couldn't even let any of you know.

It’s all good, we’re actually making good time this year, very few long waits on a pick. That’s why I figured we’d give it til morning. 

We kinda need to get it into gear, guys. We have 17 days til week 1 starts, I’d like us to be done by the Sunday before that. We still have 7.5 rounds left. That’s a little over 1 round every 2 days if we wanna make it in time. I really don’t want to have to add time slots. So just make sure you’re pming the next guy after you pick, and if you can’t get on, leave a list with somebody so we can get through this.

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm fine with this. I should be fairly good to go this week. 

yea, im not trying to be a weenie on this.

people are busy, things come up.

seriously, from here on out what players are still available that you know are gonna be studs and carry your team?

its all just filling spots now

How about starting Wednesday it’s 12 hours. That way people can get on and (hopefully) read this and know it’s dropping to 12 hours. If you don’t pick within 12 hours your pick will be made for you. Just make sure you guys are pming the next guy when you pick. I don’t know how anyone else’s notifications are set up, but I get an email when I get a pm. I don’t get anything when I’m tagged.

3 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

How about starting Wednesday it’s 12 hours. That way people can get on and (hopefully) read this and know it’s dropping to 12 hours. If you don’t pick within 12 hours your pick will be made for you. Just make sure you guys are pming the next guy when you pick. I don’t know how anyone else’s notifications are set up, but I get an email when I get a pm. I don’t get anything when I’m tagged.

Or do we want to just skip the pick and the skipped person can pick whenever they get on. That way they aren't being given someone that they don't want and essentially losing a pick completely? It doesn't matter either way to me, but I would think this would work better. We also don't have to decide on a player rankings source to pick for the late pick that way.

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

Or do we want to just skip the pick and the skipped person can pick whenever they get on. That way they aren't being given someone that they don't want and essentially losing a pick completely? It doesn't matter either way to me, but I would think this would work better. We also don't have to decide on a player rankings source to pick for the late pick that way.

That’s a good point, we can do that.

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

Disagree. I'd rather have the BPA then miss several picks and get who's left. I'm on here waaaay too much so I'm not in jeopardy of missing a pick. I just think MOST would prefer to take BPA. 

5 minutes ago, muncher said:

at this point who is bpa and who is going to determine that?

why select someone a qb(if pba) when they have 2 and need a defense or te or whatever.

There are still plenty of Flex options out there. Give me a Flex option over a backup QB or a Kicker. But that's just me. It's not going to affect me either way so whatever decision is made is fine. 

12 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

There are still plenty of Flex options out there. Give me a Flex option over a backup QB or a Kicker. But that's just me. It's not going to affect me either way so whatever decision is made is fine. 

I agree, but on the flip side, what if the guy wanted to get his defense with that pick, we give him a WR then there’s a run on defenses before his next pick. Whereas if a couple people passed him he could still get his defense. Just an example. I don’t really care either way. Hopefully we keep moving and don’t have to worry about it.

thats why i say to skip.

if the person is that serious about their team, they should at least be able to check in once a day to check the status of the draft.

again, doesnt really affect me.

my last pick was late at night after a ton of beers and several shots................didnt know who i picked until the next day....eeeaaaaasssh...lol

Id rather you not skip me and just let lloyd (who picks before and after me) select bpa (depth needs moreso) if for any reason im not available. I cant be upset even if i dont like who he would take for me. And therell be plenty of FAs to make changes after if i want to so for me personally, im not that worried about that. Only reason i wouldnt be avail is if im on a job out of service range.

Archived