Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Seahawks Sign WR Brandon Marshall

I'm pretty excited about this.  Marshall is still a quality player and gives the Seahawks a big receiver to throw to.  We're going to see a redemption year from Marshall and I think he's a great fit on this offense.

Insurance for Darboh and J Brown. If those guys play well in the pre-season, BM is gone.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, animaltested said:

Insurance for Darboh and J Brown. If those guys play well in the pre-season, BM is gone.

They're both 6'2". Marshall is 6'5".

I don't think they're going to be playing the same roles.  Marshall will be a replacement for Jimmy Graham in the red zone, and probably not be used much outside of that due to his age/wear and tear/etc.

The young guys will be fighting to fill the role Richardson occupied, and will be tasked with stretching the field. That is something Marshall is not capable of at this point in his career.

23 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

They're both 6'2". Marshall is 6'5".

I don't think they're going to be playing the same roles.  Marshall will be a replacement for Jimmy Graham in the red zone, and probably not be used much outside of that due to his age/wear and tear/etc.

The young guys will be fighting to fill the role Richardson occupied, and will be tasked with stretching the field. That is something Marshall is not capable of at this point in his career.

Good point.  I really like the bigger receivers around Doug Baldwin, especially because Wilson improvises so much.  It's really nice to have some bigger targets to throw the ball up to.

Really don't have a problem with this signing. It's whatever for me. Wilson and Baldwin are veteran enough that they can reel in Marshall's crybaby attitude. If this was a signing 2 years ago I'd hate it.