FA OLB Kendricks to visit Browns

bosko1616

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2778461-mychal-kendricks-reportedly-visiting-vikings-raiders-and-browns.amp.html

would love this signing even if it’s for a year. We’d have legit LB depth and a great coverage LB. he would probably be a better start on 3rd down sub packages with schobert coming out. Move Collins MLB and have Kirksey and Kendricks floating on either side. Thoughts ? 

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I really liked the play of jbj and Avery could be a baller. I really like kirksey and Collins. Not that hot on schovert, we could bring him in to compete but not a like to make the team.

From Pro Bowl to cut in training camp?  On a rookie contract no less?

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry bring in Kendricks.

edited for clarity. 

Im still not that high on schobert, he is not a forceful tackler like Kirksey is, which I think you want out of a MLB

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

i get thinking this dudes pro bowl berth was a fluke but the dudes got athletic skills, is seemingly a hard worker and takes teaching pretty damn well.  i think its more likely the guy goes to another pro bowl rather than getting cut, IMO

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I just dont see the fit here

him and Kirksey are interchangeable to me if its for depth I'm all for it 

but if I'm Mychal I dont see the fit at all besides for money 

I see a perfect fit. Tbh. He takes a One year deal here to highlight himself. Plays on 3rd down. He’s an elite coverage LB. would play behind an upcoming DL and promising young team. And Can showcase himself and personality on Hardknocks. Honestly I can see away to get all our athletes on the same field if you put Collins at DE in a nascar package 

Randall

Ward,Gaines,Carrie

Peppers,Kendricks,Kirksey 

Smith,Ogbah,Garrett,Collins 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I just dont see the fit here

him and Kirksey are interchangeable to me if its for depth I'm all for it 

but if I'm Mychal I dont see the fit at all besides for money 

When I first seen he was gonna visit Cleveland this was my first thought. He was gonna use Cleveland to drive up the price as much as possible with oak or min. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as a 4th lb to interchange with our starters to try and keep all fresh and as some have stated on 3rd downs. But I don't think he's a starter over any of schobert kirksey or Collins. I personally love how schobert developed after dropping weight and kicking inside. He's not the flashy big hit lb but he's around the ball a ton and was tops in league with tackles and 1st contact for a reason.

8 hours ago, BaYArEa32 said:

Yes schobert has his wholes in his game but he's still developing and I am a believer he will continue to grow as a MLB. He's smart seems to work his tail off and is imo easy to root for. 

Yea he had holes and had the whole offseason to look at his film and learn from it. I think he should improve.

i believe he isn’t using the browns to drive up his value. Heard he has turned down interviews with other teams, one being the Steelers. If he wanted to increase his value as much as possible, he would want as many bidders as possible. I think he likes the possibility of playing for the Browns. He brings great experience and coverage ability to the team. Right now this team only has 3 Legit LBs I would count on. Collins Kirk and Joe.  So he def has a spot to take on the roster if he signs here. Other guys still need to keep proving

12 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I would throw a bajillion dollars at him if it means Tank Carder is finally cut. 

Yeah I don’t know how you can’t like swapping Carder with Kendricks.

He’ll sign with the Vikings, IMO.

9 hours ago, BaYArEa32 said:

Yes schobert has his wholes in his game but he's still developing and I am a believer he will continue to grow as a MLB. He's smart seems to work his tail off and is imo easy to root for. 

I mean, all of that is fine, I will watch and see like everyone else but I'm not sure he will be much better than what he was this year. I personally think last season was the best case scenario for him and even at that he wasn't really a high impact player. Either you are or you aren't, you are in the Bay, look at Ruben Foster, he was an impact player right off the bus. The fact that we drafted an LB and is looking at another in FA tells you what Williams thinks of him.

I think we got the most out of a 4th round overachiever which is a great problem, but I think at the end of the day he is a spot starter and we can stand to improve at that position (Not saying that Kendricks is an improvement)

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The fact that we drafted an LB and is looking at another in FA tells you what Williams thinks of him.

I dunno. The fact that we had two lb play every snap and our other lb was injured probably tells us more of why we are interested in lb. My biggest issue with Schobert is that he looks too thin but he never left a game last year so it seems unwarranted. I think he was a good player, could end up being better or worse than that but there was considerable improvement from year one to year two and any improvement from last year and the thought of him needing replaced will be laughable.

Archived