Sign in to follow this  
bosko1616

FA OLB Kendricks to visit Browns

Bottom line about him.  Is he better than the 53rd man on our roster?  If yes then it’s a good pick up.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I totally disagree 

shoot our DTs were our strength last year we had like the number 1 rated rush defense for a while. 

When Collins was out there healthy he was balling. He looked like all pro in the Detroit game before going down. He’s legit our 2nd best defensive player. 

Peppers will be fine. Actually he’ll be a pro bowler. To me he’s Landon Collins waiting to happen your gonna see a big jump with him at strong. 

Our only hole is backup defensive end. I never want to see Carl Nassib in the 4th quarter even again 

Well I think Shelton was a big reason for that among our DT's, not that I was his biggest fan but he took up a lot of space and played the run well.

I think losing Ogbah was a big hit to our run defense, along with Collins.

Collins is our most gifted linebacker but I'd put him as our 3rd best linebacker right now.

We'll see about Peppers, he really hasn't shown anything yet. Kindred played pretty well last year and I don't think Pepper's is a sure thing to start if draft selection isn't taken into consideration.

Schobert made first contact more often against the opposing RB than any player in the NFL last year. I get why people are sleeping on him but if he keeps it up and can get better position in coverage then last year might not be his only pro bowl appearance.

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

This year, maybe.  We'll see.  But last year, we had plenty of glaring holes.  CB's were downright awful.  WR's weren't much better.  QB's were historically bad.  If we were able to fix those 3 groups (and I think we have), then I agree that we don't have any glaring holes.

Yeah, we had holes last year. I think QB and WR were much worse than CB though.

Why wouldnt we do this?

He's better than the depth we have. We have more cap space than anyone. It's likely no more than a 1-2 yr deal. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I think Shelton was a big reason for that among our DT's, not that I was his biggest fan but he took up a lot of space and played the run well.

Yeah, he took up space but wasn't worth what he was probably going to be asking for in FA, just look at Coley, he was an UDFA and was on the just as good as Shelton was at a 1/3 of the price.

As far as Kendricks, I'm all for it, stay true to having competition at every position, make all these guys prove their worth. I love it

Edited by MSURacerDT55

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

As far as Kendricks, I'm all for it, stay true to having competition at every position, make all these guys prove their worth. I love it

And just to be clear, I'd also bring in Eric Reid to compete at SS on a one year deal. Let Greg Williams have no excuses to field a top-flight defense. Amd dont just hand the SS position to Peppers. I thought Kindred was steady-eddie, but let's shake every position group up and let the chaff fall to the bottom.

Posted (edited)

Rapoport: Browns closing in on potential deal with free agent LB Mychal Kendricks 

rapoport said it’s a multi year deal and that it’s potential a huge get for an already start studded LB core. 

Edited by bosko1616

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Rapoport: Browns closing in on potential deal with free agent LB Mychal Kendricks 

rapoport said it’s a multi year deal and that it’s potential a huge get for an already start studded LB core. 

Boom

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Not to throw cold water on this, but I didn't get the same definitive vibe when I watched the video of Rap reporting this.  Here's the clip:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000000935407/Rapoport-Browns-closing-in-on-potential-deal-with-former-Eagles-LB-Mychal-Kendricks

We are definitely in the running, but it sounds like far from a done deal to me.

Collins at SAM, Kirksey at MIKE, Kendrick’s at WILL?

Basically Schobert vs Kirksey for MIKE.

Actually 

I will go super bold. Maybe Kirksey gets traded?

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Actually 

I will go super bold. Maybe Kirksey gets traded?

That is bold and I'll be pissed. I bet Collins gets traded tho

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

Collins is the oldest of the bunch and coming off an injury. Big cap number too, I believe. Maybe his aloofness rubbed some wrong by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

50 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Collins is the oldest of the bunch and coming off an injury. Big cap number too, I believe. Maybe his aloofness rubbed some wrong by the end of the season.

Yeah I don't see us getting rid of any of our guys. Collins is less than a year older than Kendricks.

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Collins cap number in 2019 is 9.5 mil. I bet he's traded next season.