FA OLB Kendricks to visit Browns

bosko1616

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

No one is talking about making him a full time DE. I brought up an idea of making a pure pass rush unit where Collins is made a DE for it. 

Yeah I mean it'd be a nice look in certain packages

I just think because of his injuries Collins has become underrated in this forum as a linebacker

he's really really good. Got traded mid-season was behind and was clearly our best defensive player in 2016, and then last year he was injured so much. 

But when he's healthy and playing up to his potential he's an all-pro. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I just think because of his injuries Collins has become underrated in this forum as a linebacker

he's really really good. Got traded mid-season was behind and was clearly our best defensive player in 2016, and then last year he was injured so much. 

Yeah a lot of ppl disrespect him.  I think he will be stud this year. 2nd yr in the scheme and healthy. I just think on a 3rd and long. Having a DL with Garrett Ogbah and Collins is going to put a lot of pressure on an offensive line to go with whoever is the 1T. Specially with the added talent in the secondary a DL like that should feast in those kind of situations. 

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

He graded out as one of the worst starting linebackers in the league last year before he got hurt and the tape proved it. He was horrible. He’s rightly being criticized. He’s got all the talent in the world but he seemed to dog it once he got paid. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He graded out as one of the worst starting linebackers in the league last year before he got hurt and the tape proved it. He was horrible. He’s rightly being criticized. He’s got all the talent in the world but he seemed to dog it once he got paid. 

nice one. 
this is a big year for Collins if he wants the next 37.5 million on his contract. 

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What do you expect? Dude played his what, first four years in the league as a LB in the 3/4 scheme under the pats and half a season under Horton. Last year under Williams he was playing in the 4-3. I’m not surprised by a slow start at all by our linebackers last year. It is a huge difference in schemes and what they are suppose to read. To me there is a reason after about the 4th game he started to play better and faster, he was getting more comfortable in the schemes. Just sucks the best game he looks in, he gets lost for the year to an injury. 

Not gonna say he was dogging it but it’s hard to play and think at the same time. You either know or you don’t. That seemed like our entire Lb groups last year. They were also a little to late or a step behind because they were thinking too much. Now the browns have a stud LB who has been in a 4-3 for awhile. Kendrick should step in and be an instance play maker in the group. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Meh, I don't put all my faith into "grades", and I wouldn't assume he was dogging it if you don't know for sure because right before he got hurt he seemed like he was rounding into the form we all expected him to be. And to be honest, for how good our front 7 was, none of our front 7 graded higher than a 82 I think, which doesn't make sense at all.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

nice one. 
this is a big year for Collins if he wants the next 37.5 million on his contract. 

1000% fair, and to be honest he knows that as well, don't be surprised if he does have a big year.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Bet he flips his Philly jersey number around from "95" to "59", now that it is available.

According to the roster on the team website, he is wearing #54 - same as OL Anthony Fabiano. #59 remains unused............ for the moment.

I can't believe we actually signed Kendricks 

I didn't think it was going to go through especially with that rebuffed tweet

this is absoultey the best offseason I can ever remember

like we've have had hyped offseasons the Ben Tate year/ Shaun Rodgers and Corey Williams year/ Johnny Manziel

but this one has so much actual substance and was planned out and executed so well

man its crazy my favorite pickups to this point have been 

Stanton, Fells, and Kendricks

they may not seem the biggest but they're those professional kind of signings that really seal the seams your team needs 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol right?  Greggggg seemed to love him some Tank.

Prolly cuz of the name. Who doesn’t want to be called Tank, amirite?

The sad thing is he was more septic tank than Sherman Tank.

54 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I can't believe we actually signed Kendricks 

I didn't think it was going to go through especially with that rebuffed tweet

this is absoultey the best offseason I can ever remember

like we've have had hyped offseasons the Ben Tate year/ Shaun Rodgers and Corey Williams year/ Johnny Manziel

but this one has so much actual substance and was planned out and executed so well

man its crazy my favorite pickups to this point have been 

Stanton, Fells, and Kendricks

they may not seem the biggest but they're those professional kind of signings that really seal the seams your team needs 

You're more hyped about those signings than I am. I didn't think we needed Kendricks as a starter. It is a plus having him but I don't think it actually makes us much if any better. Stanton is nothing special imo, I'd be extremely disappointed if he could outperform Mayfield at any point once we get to about the 3rd preseason game. Fells probably won't see the field much. If he does, Njoku probably won't. I have to think we will see 3 WR sets a lot more than 2 TE sets. Then if you want to get Duke in the game with another RB that makes it even less spots available.

I don't have a problem with any signing, although the Stanton one means zero to me, I just don't know if we will see difference making plays from Kendricks or Fells on a regular basis, I don't think either sees anything close to 50% of the snaps.

Archived