Packers sign OL Byron Bell

Lieker

I want as much camp depth on the OL as possible. I want Kizer and Hundley to be well protected and able to see which WRs rise to the top. Bell, Murphy, Spriggs, Amichia, Madison, Patrick should make a good #2 group for camp/preseason.

I'm still wondering when the EDGE vets will be looked at.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I want as much camp depth on the OL as possible. I want Kizer and Hundley to be well protected and able to see which WRs rise to the top. Bell, Murphy, Spriggs, Amichia, Madison, Patrick should make a good #2 group for camp/preseason.

I'm still wondering when the EDGE vets will be looked at.

When Clay and Nick are BOTH hurt.

7 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

When Clay and Nick are BOTH hurt.

I feel like there’s about five or so posters on here that are negative about literally every topic

Dont mind the pick up here for camp bodies, doubtful he makes the final roster or sees real time, but can be good camp competition 

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like I wanted TT to sign him 4 yrs ago or something

I have a partial memory that Cadmus posted about him a few years back before Byron ended up in Dallass. Roto says he visited GB

I'd guess this means that McCray is the leader at RG and Packers are adding Bell to compete with Lucas Patrick and the other young guns as back- ups.

Bell has more positional flexibility than Jahri Evans, but GB probably just wants him to compete at OG

OLBs are being discussed league- wide but there are a few dominoes that need to fall first. And they all want more than they are being offered.

Mandatory camp June 11,12:   could be a potential deadline for any other vet additions.

Obviously don't want bell to be a significant contributor this year. While I was/am certainly a TT supporter, I sure do like Gute's willingness to bring in some vets at positions that need depth. If he adds some vet EDGE depth, i'm really happy with what he's done so far.

TT did want to sign him a few years ago. I think he's better off at Guard at this point in his career. We've got plenty of guys we can split out to Tackle. Not sure I can say the same about Guard. Could be wrong. *shrug*

Archived