Packers sign OL Byron Bell

Lieker

20 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

His deal sure looks like he's intended to be on the roster.

With McCray scheduled to become the next starting RG, Bell becomes the next Swiss-army knife OL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him learning the C position in training camp. That way, on game days, the Packers only need to activate Bell and Spriggs as the backups. Madison is probably a lock as the 8th OLineman. If they keep a 9th, it will probably be Kyle Murphy with Patrick, Amechia, Pankey, and other fighting for spots on the PS. 

Here's a look at Bell at OTAs, he has an OG belly

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Deim0IJW0AESChZ.jpg

The opportunity to play for a winner is what tipped the scale in Green Bay’s favor.

“I don’t need the fancy things. I’ve got a used truck. I just want to work,” he said. “That’s just me. That’s how I was always raised. I didn’t have a cell phone growing up. I didn’t have a car in college. I figured it out. I graduated, whatever it takes. That’s just life. Since 2011 to now, I just continue to work. That’s just the guy I am.”

On 6/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

With McCray scheduled to become the next starting RG, Bell becomes the next Swiss-army knife OL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him learning the C position in training camp. That way, on game days, the Packers only need to activate Bell and Spriggs as the backups. Madison is probably a lock as the 8th OLineman. If they keep a 9th, it will probably be Kyle Murphy with Patrick, Amechia, Pankey, and other fighting for spots on the PS. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's played almost exclusively at tackle for his career.  I believe he only got kicked inside because of attrition.  As far as I'm aware, he's got ZERO experience playing C.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:55 AM, Shanedorf said:

Here's a look at Bell at OTAs, he has an OG belly

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Deim0IJW0AESChZ.jpg

The opportunity to play for a winner is what tipped the scale in Green Bay’s favor.

“I don’t need the fancy things. I’ve got a used truck. I just want to work,” he said. “That’s just me. That’s how I was always raised. I didn’t have a cell phone growing up. I didn’t have a car in college. I figured it out. I graduated, whatever it takes. That’s just life. Since 2011 to now, I just continue to work. That’s just the guy I am.”

sounds like a blue collar guy that loves to work, intrigued how his season goes now, seems like a great addition. 

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's played almost exclusively at tackle for his career.  I believe he only got kicked inside because of attrition.

Seems about right.

He played over a thousand snaps for Tenn in 2015 and some of those were at LG, the rest of his career has been at OT

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellBy00.htm

Bell's probably battling for the gameday swing tackle spot with Murphy and Spriggs - 

and then they could pair the winner with G/C Lucas Patrick to back-up all 5 spots on Sunday.

Not sure if Dillon Day can play OG or just Center, no clue on Kofi's progress. Cole Madison probably needs some NFL seasoning.

Both Murphy ( foot ) and Spriggs ( dislocated knee-cap) should be healthy by now, but Spriggs was held out of OTAs per Ryan Wood's tweet

On 6/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Murphy>Spriggs

Archived