Fallout 76

Danger

Just now, flyers0909 said:

I read some reports that this will be an online game?  Only thing I'd like there is co-op. 

That was garbage speculation. From everything I've noticed and gathered here's the schtick I'm seeing.

Vault 76 was a control Vault in which there were actually no mad experiments going on. This game takes place in 2102 (Fallout 3 in 2277 for reference). You can see in the trailer that there are "Reclamation Day" banners. Meaning this is about the dwellers making first contact out into the wastes about 25 years after the bombs fell (2077). That would mean there's a good chance the main character was born in the vault.

Just saw this also. Playing FO4 now and really like it. I have a feeling I'll be picking this one up now as well. I hope it doesn't divulge how FO4 ends based on the "when the fighting has stopped" but I guess I'll find out. That's my fault for coming into this party so damn late lol

- This will be set roughly 20 years after the bombs dropped, well before Fallout 1

- Vault 76 is near DC (probably West Virginia)

- The theme seems to be "rebuilding" so this will either be some sort of settlement building game, or heavily use Fallout 4's settlement system

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Just saw this also. Playing FO4 now and really like it. I have a feeling I'll be picking this one up now as well. I hope it doesn't divulge how FO4 ends based on the "when the fighting has stopped" but I guess I'll find out. That's my fault for coming into this party so damn late lol

Given that this is by the same developers of Fallout 4 (unlike New Vegas) and that it's so soon after Fallout 4 (by BGS standards) my guess is that they'll have listened to all of the criticisms of Fallout 4 and improved quite a bit.

Wow this is well before the FO1 timeline???? Hell of a prequel lol. I can't remember what year I'm in w/ FO4 but it's got to be well after this is made.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Given that this is by the same developers of Fallout 4 (unlike New Vegas) and that it's so soon after Fallout 4 (by BGS standards) my guess is that they'll have listened to all of the criticisms of Fallout 4 and improved quite a bit.

What were the main criticisms of FO4?? The adjustment was the biggest for me. Still stupid how precise I need to be when scavenging items from dead things but I've gotten better at it. I think I'm lvl 36 now so I've got a decent amount of time under my belt. Still haven't gotten too far south yet so if it's something that happens after that, I wouldn't know, obviously lol

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Wow this is well before the FO1 timeline???? Hell of a prequel lol. I can't remember what year I'm in w/ FO4 but it's got to be well after this is made.

What were the main criticisms of FO4?? The adjustment was the biggest for me. Still stupid how precise I need to be when scavenging items from dead things but I've gotten better at it. I think I'm lvl 36 now so I've got a decent amount of time under my belt. Still haven't gotten too far south yet so if it's something that happens after that, I wouldn't know, obviously lol

Settlement system being integral rather than optional, the lackluster story writing, the illusion of choice in the dialog wheel. Those would be the biggest that immediately come to mind, but there are numerous others that exist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Fallout 4 is like 2285.

The big issue all the big Fallout fans had with FO4 was that it wasn't a true RPG and it had limited dialogue choices

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Of all the wild things I could have predicted, I never would have thought of a Fallout/Overwatch crossover.

Huh?? I don't get where you're drawing this comparison from.

Oh. Soldier 76

Edited by Danger

Odd that they're returning to Fallout so soon. I thought they were retiring that whole engine and starting from scratch. We going to get another buggy installment that's more of a step sideways than forwards? Loved Fallout 3, Fallout 4 was quite good but ultimately disappointing, if that seems contradictory then good because that's how I feel about it.

• Like 1