Fallout 76

Danger

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It is, you're paying for the exclusive right to stress test the servers before launch. It's why there are windows where the Beta will be up and down.

Oh so they are testing servers, but it's just early access? An EA you can't play half the time. Def not a testing phase...just EA. Give me a break.

Cry baby gamers ruin everything.

Guess what else? You can CANCEL your pre order.

You can play the game for what? A month? You can play it during the open windows for a month, and if you don't like it, YOU PAY NOTHING. But in the cry baby gamer world I have to live in, this is a bad thing.

Hey guys, you can try our game for 5 weeks but if you don't like it, you can not get charged/get your money back. ZOMG DA EVIL GAMERZ COMPANIZES. GAMERZ RISE UP!!!!!! WE ARE SO OPPRESSED.

Seriously, use your brain. How is this actually a bad thing? It's not. Pre orders aren't written in stone. You aren't going to jail if you cancel.

Short version: You don't have to actually pay anything. Even though it's not open to everyone, you aren't required to pay anything.

Edited by Norm

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

Is this actually based on something? And if it's a just a mod, do they need a crew the size they needed for a full game.

And oh **** yes it will be buggy, like every FO since 3...There's been some bugs and optimization is poop once they move far from the vault already. I can tolerate all that **** though. I'm not the whiny cry baby gamer that would rather find the worst in everything instead of enjoying gaming.

Yes, primary development has been handled by the former Battlecry Studios (now Bethesda Games Austin) as an off-shoot project to see if Multiplayer on the Creation Engine was actually workable. It's not a mod, that was embellishment to make a point. That it's a project similar to Mass Effect Andromeda, a project made by a tertiary team with minimal development resources and a super condensed timeline for primary development.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh so they are testing servers, but it's just early access? An EA you can't play half the time. Def not a testing phase...just EA. Give me a break.

Cry baby gamers ruin everything.

Guess what else? You can CANCEL your pre order.

You can play the game for what? A month? You can play it during the open windows for a month, and if you don't like it, YOU PAY NOTHING. But in the cry baby gamer world I have to live in, this is a bad thing.

Hey guys, you can try our game for 5 weeks but if you don't like it, you can not get charged/get your money back. ZOMG DA EVIL GAMERZ COMPANIZES. GAMERZ RISE UP!!!!!! WE ARE SO OPPRESSED.

Seriously, use your brain. How is this actually a bad thing? It's not. Pre orders aren't written in stone. You aren't going to jail if you cancel.

Short version: You don't have to actually pay anything. Even though it's not open to everyone, you aren't required to pay anything.

Take a God damn deep breath and put down the Red Bull, Jesus.

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Take a God damn deep breath and put down the Red Bull, Jesus.

I'm just tired of people acting like you can only play closed betas if you pay money. Amazon still doesn't charge until release afaik. If you can install a game or sign up for an open beta key, you are smart enough to pre order then cancel. Getting to play the game for periods over a month before you decide if you want to own the game isn't a negative. It's not. But 99% of comments only portray it that way. It's obvious why. This is what "sells" online. It reaps karma, likes, YT subs, etc etc. And most people are sheep who want in on the negativity jerk rather than using their own brains. 

And yes it's a little shady since obviously they could go open beta and want to hook you all you stay and don't cancel or forget or whatever. But if you have some sense, which everyone who tells me how terrible these things are claim to have, you can get around it easily.

There's also those young people without cards or have no money so they don't want to risk their card being charged money they don't have, I guess. But I'd rather not read people like that's opinion on anything anyways lol. So I'm glad they're out.

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fortunately for me, I enjoy the building settlements aspect, but if I didn't, I wouldn't see myself getting any enjoyment out of this game from the gameplay I've seen.

then don't get it, they didn't make this game for people who wanted a classic fallout experience. If you don't like multiplayer games like this then just pass on it and save your money

I wish this was more like Borderlands. Full single player story with the option of people joining you and making it harder, but I'm still looking forward to it either way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

then don't get it, they didn't make this game for people who wanted a classic fallout experience. If you don't like multiplayer games like this then just pass on it and save your money

I wish this was more like Borderlands. Full single player story with the option of people joining you and making it harder, but I'm still looking forward to it either way

I've always hated this argument whether or not I do or don't get it, it's as if I'm not allowed to be vastly disappointed with the direction they've gone in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danger said:
17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I've always hated this argument whether or not I do or don't get it, it's as if I'm not allowed to be vastly disappointed with the direction they've gone in.

Where did I say you can't be disappointed? I'm disappointed that it's going to be this instead of a core Fallout game. But every comment you have on here is commenting on how you don't think you'll enjoy it, or you don't like the direction etc, I'm wondering why you're still coming back lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Where did I say you can't be disappointed? I'm disappointed that it's going to be this instead of a core Fallout game. But every comment you have on here is commenting on how you don't think you'll enjoy it, or you don't like the direction etc, I'm wondering why you're still coming back lol

To share my opinion on the game? I'm not going super in depth partly because I'm at work right now.

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I feel like I'll be super stoked for this game only to realize I don't play multiplayer games that much anymore, and the people I would play this with would get so far ahead of me so I'll end up playing with random people. @Nazgul 

@biggio7 you're gonna be my boy for this

We're gonna Nuke everyone.