Fallout 76

Danger

24 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Likely will be similar to NV, but with online co-op.

I don't think it will have as big a story as NV though...

I'm curious how VATS would work with multiplayer.. I guess it won't

Edited by JBURGE25

Im ready to be disappointed!

My money is still on it being  Rust-Clone, heavily dependent on Creation Club Content. Essentially a refined Settlement Mode [ala FalloutShelter] with added PvE elements. I still think the formula of Explore=> Kill => Loot will be in effect (Since the all the framework for the shoot'n stuff is there already), and so will all the assets [its gonna be reskined F4, but thats not a horrible thing].

A RustClone-PvE - Settlement Builder-Barebones without CC- game is not the thing I want or need from Fallout. But ill wait for E3 and more info before tossing this one aside. 

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Im ready to be disappointed!

My money is still on it being  Rust-Clone, heavily dependent on Creation Club Content. Essentially a refined Settlement Mode [ala FalloutShelter] with added PvE elements. I still think the formula of Explore=> Kill => Loot will be in effect (Since the all the framework for the shoot'n stuff is there already), and so will all the assets [its gonna be reskined F4, but thats not a horrible thing].

A RustClone-PvE - Settlement Builder-Barebones without CC- game is not the thing I want or need from Fallout. But ill wait for E3 and more info before tossing this one aside. 

I'd be disappointed if it were solely that but I think there was an article to says it'll have a story mode as well as side quests etc. If I were to guess, based off what I've read, I'd say flip FO4 in the manner in which the amount of time building settlements and the amount of time doing stories and quests are reversed and that's what we're going to get.

People are calling it an "online, base-building, survival game". 

If you add an online co-op component so that your companion is human-controlled instead of AI, isn't that exactly what FO4 is (in Survival difficulty)?

I think FO76 is going to be exactly the same as FO4, except the settlement building system will be fleshed out a little more, we will have a more open rural map, and we'll have an option for co-op play similar to Borderlands.

15 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

People are calling it an "online, base-building, survival game". 

If you add an online co-op component so that your companion is human-controlled instead of AI, isn't that exactly what FO4 is (in Survival difficulty)?

I think FO76 is going to be exactly the same as FO4, except the settlement building system will be fleshed out a little more, we will have a more open rural map, and we'll have an option for co-op play similar to Borderlands.

If it is this, Ill like it. My "best case" option would be a reskined, smaller, more focused FO4, in a rural environment, with an expanded emphasis on building and maintaining settlements and survival. [WITH MOD SUPPORT!].

My dream would be for the entire world space to be open to building/creating and the spaces being opened via conquest mechanics. Who wouldn't love an entire FO4 world space designed in your own image. [I really love the idea of having to create and maintain checkpoints and supply stations along major supply routes between settlements or having specialized zones for specific things like water, food, resources]. If we cant have a standard Fallout game, then this would be a fine alternative.

I hope the PvE element is like Dark Soul/Demons Souls. Where you can hire players to help you Loot and/or complete quests [so I can ignore it]. If its server based, with 1000s player sharing a world space, its gonna be a let down. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

This song would be perfect for the Soundtrack to this game given the narrative people are predicting. Either this version or the original version by Bob Dylan.

There are about 50 different Dylan songs that would fit perfectly into a Fallout game; an all-Dylan soundtrack would be incredible. 

That is a deep track though, good find