Fallout 76

Danger

On 12/2/2018 at 4:52 AM, nagahide13 said:

I think they have a chance to recover, but I'm super wary. I always kind of held Rockstar and Bethesda up as the big companies that would hold the line against companies like EA in terms of P2P etc. It's now been 7 years since Bethesda has put out a game they should be proud of.

It's a meme but.... CD Projekt Red is still fighting the good fight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:
12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I really enjoy playing this game.

It's definitely fun. Broken but enjoyable.

As long as you don't mind the fact that there's no NPCs to drive the narrative or help facilitate the world around you. I for one can't enjoy the lifeless world they put forth.

My only question is, is the lack of actual NPCs simply a faulty design philosophy or something that was chosen to cut costs?

23 hours ago, showtime said:

That's what Bethesda should do with this game.  Just dump it and completely scrap it and put everything towards their next project.

They should release a big update and make the game Free to Play at the same time while giving their paid customers some sort of huge bonus. Then they could slowly add in cosmetic MTX and win back customer faith at the same time.

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

1000 Atoms and an Ikea bag.

Yeah, that's the sort of stuff that makes these people deserve to die poor.

I'm thinking more like early access to all future content, never having to pay real $ for the cosmetics that F2P players have to use MTX for, exclusive cosmetics, and maybe some sort of "care package" with in game stuff they can use (I don't know anything about the game, but maybe in game currency and weapons/materials?)

I don't even want the Atoms.  From what I can see, there is nothing tangible to purchase with those. Skins?  Apparel?  0% interest in any of that stuff.

I knew going in this was not going to be my favorite game.  Not a big online game fan.   It's just that I love the franchise so much and I waited for the Black Friday deals.  

I don't hate the game.  Having a hard time finding a reason to love it, though.  The events are kind of cool, but never anyone around to help out with them, though.  Really wish ammo was easier to get.  I hate melee in the Fallout world.  Requiring food, drink, repairing your armor and weapons is tedious.  I get why it's in there, though.

Looking forward to improvements as time goes on.  I know they're coming.  Just hoping the server population doesn't dwindle down to nothing before then.  It's already pretty scarce.  Maybe 3 or 4 others on the map at any given time that I can see.  

13 hours ago, Ataal said:

I don't even want the Atoms.  From what I can see, there is nothing tangible to purchase with those. Skins?  Apparel?  0% interest in any of that stuff.

I knew going in this was not going to be my favorite game.  Not a big online game fan.   It's just that I love the franchise so much and I waited for the Black Friday deals.  

I don't hate the game.  Having a hard time finding a reason to love it, though.  The events are kind of cool, but never anyone around to help out with them, though.  Really wish ammo was easier to get.  I hate melee in the Fallout world.  Requiring food, drink, repairing your armor and weapons is tedious.  I get why it's in there, though.

Looking forward to improvements as time goes on.  I know they're coming.  Just hoping the server population doesn't dwindle down to nothing before then.  It's already pretty scarce.  Maybe 3 or 4 others on the map at any given time that I can see.  

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I thankfully got this game on sale because at the moment I struggle to get motivated to play it. Between Red Dead, Battlefield and CIV 6 there is nothing that this game does that really makes it stand out or even makes me not want to switch to another game after 30 minutes or so.

As you said, I think some major improvements are on the way it is just going to take some time. 

• Like 1

My question is why would they do this to a franchise as highly regarded as Fallout?  Fallout is respected and love by damn near everyone.  Why make a game like this to sully the name of a franchise that has done so much for gaming throughout history.  I know people will say 'cash grab' and all that, and I guess that's understandable.  I'm just kind of shocked they did it with this legendary franchise.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, showtime said:

My question is why would they do this to a franchise as highly regarded as Fallout?  Fallout is respected and love by damn near everyone.  Why make a game like this to sully the name of a franchise that has done so much for gaming throughout history.  I know people will say 'cash grab' and all that, and I guess that's understandable.  I'm just kind of shocked they did it with this legendary franchise.

My only hope is that they use this as a driving force to make sure FO5 is the most brightest, polished thing they've ever done lol. Everyone is going to be extremely skeptical when that time comes. They have to know this is the last chance to deliver b/c if they don't, those that haven't left already will probably do it at that time. A lot of die-hard fans are tearing this game apart. That makes it even worse from a casual fan standpoint. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Money. Simple.

• Like 1

So the more I play this the more I hate it..... Its bad really really bad... If you like good Fallout games go back and play 4, if you like sand box survival play ARK or rust, if you like RPGs with friends literally any of them are better than this trash. Nothing NOTHING is done well in this game and it doesn't get better at the higher difficulties. Even nuking isn't really all that much fun outside watching the bomb drop. Plus all high level builds are essentially the same thing. Power Armor with most damage dealing weapon someone has. You will get schooled if you play any other way... 

Just awful.

The only thing I really miss is the full settlement system from FO4 with settlers. I hope they add in a feature to make robots, same as the Automaton FO4 expansion. Having a little settlement with robot farmers, etc. would be really cool. Also being able to see other players' CAMPS and set up trade routes would be awesome