Fallout 76

Danger

So, I'm level 18 now. Finished up the overseer's main quest line(with Evan in the basement).  Stuck at the final quest for the firebreathers.  The mine is just too high level.  Level 23 scorched zealots everywhere.  I can take on one, maybe two, at a time, but not 7+.   

Did all my side quests I had left.  And, now.... I'm really bored.   Low on ammo.  Seems like I spend just as much ammo farming as I get as loot.  Events seem to be really low level with little reward or too high for just myself to finish.  I think those events were created with the thought of a lot more people playing than there are.  Used up the majority of my stimpacks and ammo to take down one assaultron.  After seeing almost no loot on the body, I really wished I would have just ran away from that fight.  What a waste.

Trying really hard to focus on something that makes me feel like I'm making progress at this point.   Leveling goes a lot slower when you're not working on multiple quests at a time.  Seems like I sprinted to 15 and then took almost a week to get to 18.  If there is a continuous path for questing, the game doesn't exactly do a great job of showing you the way.  I guess you're just supposed to wander around and hope something starts?  Meh...

As you can tell, I'm feeling pretty discouraged at this point.  Anyone else find something to focus on around level 18?  

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Just spent a whole playing session finding the perfect base spot and building up a base, only to have it disappeared two days later. Really makes me want to just stop playing. Private servers need to be a thing, now. Have to recreate my base, even if blueprinted, every other gaming session just sucks. Waste of my time.

I thought you didn't even like FO games? 

44 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I thought you didn't even like FO games? 

I tried FO4, couldn't get into it until I had help, once I had a friend tell me the tips and tricks of playing, I started to enjoy it. Played it just enough to get ready for 76 and bought into the hype. Getting a bit discouraged though, hoping private servers fix it.

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

I tried FO4, couldn't get into it until I had help, once I had a friend tell me the tips and tricks of playing, I started to enjoy it. Played it just enough to get ready for 76 and bought into the hype. Getting a bit discouraged though, hoping private servers fix it.

Aha. I remembered b/c you posted you were frustrated when I was frustrated lol. It is a damn fun game!! I accidentally sided w/ the wrong faction but oh well. I wish I couldve' figured out the route to keep all three at peace but I went too far lol. The DLCs seem like they're going to be fun! Don't forget to change the color of your Pipboy!! I just figured out how to do that a couple weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, Ataal said:

So, I'm level 18 now. Finished up the overseer's main quest line(with Evan in the basement).  Stuck at the final quest for the firebreathers.  The mine is just too high level.  Level 23 scorched zealots everywhere.  I can take on one, maybe two, at a time, but not 7+.

Anyone still playing?  lol Probably not.

Anyway, I'm 22 now.  I went back to the Firebreathers quest and instead of level 23 scorched zealots, they were all level 46 and much easier.  Yeah, I don't know how that all works, either.  Apparently, a similar "trick" works in other areas as well.  If whatever mobs around a quest spot/item are too tough for you, just come back later or log off/on.  I did that with a different quest.  I couldn't get past a high level legendary mob.  Came back the next day and only low level feral ghouls were around.  

Feel like I'm finally back to making progress.  Still crazy low on ammo outside of .38, but the only thing I have that uses those at this point are pipe weapons and they pretty much suck without decent mods, I guess?

I have a four day weekend coming up, so I will probably play this for the majority of that time.  

On 12/8/2018 at 1:39 AM, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest. When you really take a hard look at it. Skyrim's story and side stories kinda all were really bad. Their world building is great, but storytelling is not that good.

Ya dude gonna have to seriously disagree on this one. 

• Like 1

Got this game for Christmas and played for like an hour and a half. looks like a good game but there isn't much direction and it honestly feels like half the gameplay elements are just chores in terms of balancing rads/hp/food/water and I'm not the least bit excited about the camp system as I hated building in FO4.

What is the main draw of this game outside of playing with friends or exploring? Does the story get good, does the gameplay get better?

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:
On 08/12/2018 at 1:39 AM, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest. When you really take a hard look at it. Skyrim's story and side stories kinda all were really bad. Their world building is great, but storytelling is not that good.

Ya dude gonna have to seriously disagree on this one. 

Skyrim and Fallout 3 both have phenomenal stories

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Got this game for Christmas and played for like an hour and a half. looks like a good game but there isn't much direction and it honestly feels like half the gameplay elements are just chores in terms of balancing rads/hp/food/water and I'm not the least bit excited about the camp system as I hated building in FO4.

What is the main draw of this game outside of playing with friends or exploring? Does the story get good, does the gameplay get better?

I don't know anyone who plays this game, so I don't know what it's like to go exploring with friends.  Random teaming up is pretty rare.

The story is kind of cool from an archaeological/historical standpoint, but that's also part of the problem for me.   They hint so much that some person went to an area and that you need to go find them, but we all know all we're going to find is a dead body.  It's almost cliche at this point to complain about there not being any NPCs, but I think it's a valid complaint in a role playing game.  If there were tons of people playing all the time, it wouldn't feel like such a lifeless and solo game, but.....yeah.

I am sure improvements are coming, but I've been having a hard time finding the motivation to play. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

This is a much better at articulating the point than I ever could.

As someone who has seen that video to completion, he's wrong.

Fallout 3 did basically the impossible after what BOS did to the fallout name and re-invented FO for a new audience. Is it perfect? nope but it's a great game and NV is even better.

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

As someone who has seen that video to completion, he's wrong.

Fallout 3 did basically the impossible after what BOS did to the fallout name and re-invented FO for a new audience. Is it perfect? nope but it's a great game and NV is even better.

I hated New Vegas, but loved 3 and 4.  

52 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

But why.

Didn't feel like a Fallout game.  Way too much emphasis on the Vegas strip.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Rinse, repeat.  Boring as hell. 

• Like 1