Fallout 76

Danger

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Didn't feel like a Fallout game.  Way too much emphasis on the Vegas strip.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Rinse, repeat.  Boring as hell. 

Wut. 

Seriously though this wasn’t my experience at all.  NV had the best storyline on any FO game IMO, and I’ve played all of them including 1 and 2.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ataal said:

Didn't feel like a Fallout game.  Way too much emphasis on the Vegas strip.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Get quest from someone in Vegas, go complete quest.  Rinse, repeat.  Boring as hell. 

This is incorrect on SO many levels.

1. This is made by the ACTUAL creators of Fallout.
2. You must have not explored the Mojave whatsoever because there are a variety of factions that don't reside on the strip that are relevant and places you can get quests from.
3. It has better RPG elements and impact of choice than any Bethesda Game Studios game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danger said:

This is incorrect on SO many levels.

1. This is made by the ACTUAL creators of Fallout.
2. You must have not explored the Mojave whatsoever because there are a variety of factions that don't reside on the strip that are relevant and places you can get quests from.
3. It has better RPG elements and impact of choice than any Bethesda Game Studios game.

I was stating an opinion of my view of the game.  I don't know how that can be "incorrect."  

1.  What does that have to do with anything? New Vegas had a completely different feel to it than 3 and 4, and I didn't like it.   I'm not sure you can really compare 1 and 2 to any other of the more modern ones.  They were fun in their own right, but it would be like comparing X-Com: UFO Defense to X-Com: Enemy Unknown.  

2.  Yeah, I explored that area and that was a nice reprieve from the monotony of the strip.  Still, the game, as a whole, was extremely strip-centric. I don't see how that is even debatable. 

3.  Impact of choice, I'll give you that.  But, "RPG elements" is such a huge brush stroke.  The definition alone could start a 100 page thread.  To be honest, the whole impact of choice thing can be good and bad. Absolutely hated having to pick a faction at the end of 4.

I know my opinion is not a popular one.  I am more than willing to agree to disagree. 

I very barely played Fallout 3. My experience included my brother's secretly upping the difficulty and getting my *** kicked by radscorpions at every turn. Thoroughly disliked FO3, lol.

I played New Vegas to completion and enjoyed it. I played Fallout 4 very intensely and got the platinum. And I enjoy Fallout 76 when I play that too.

People seem to forget that NV was a complete unplayable disaster for about a year. It took a long time for it to evolve into the masterpiece it eventually became.

Black Isle created Fallout and Fallout 2 as a top down, finger of god style turn based RPG. The games were pretty good.

Fallout 1+2, 3, New Vegas, 4, and now 76 are all wildly differing games, and I can't figure out why they keep changing the formula so drastically. It really seems as though New Vegas was the best format with Bethesda being the better developer. (seriously, NV was a disaster for along time.)

Just have a faction based game. Do multiplayer if you want. But it really seems as though the Fallout universe should be a faction based RPG.

5 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

People seem to forget that NV was a complete unplayable disaster for about a year. It took a long time for it to evolve into the masterpiece it eventually became.

I never had any such issues with New Vegas honestly.

5 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

It really seems as though New Vegas was the best format with Bethesda being the better developer. (seriously, NV was a disaster for along time.)

You do realize that Bethesda only gave Obsidian about a year and a half of time to make the game?

Out of all the fallout games I feel like NV got the closest to perfection. 

Fallout 76 is probably the worst fallout game but it has the potential to get better (BoS is awful, but like who actually played that?) 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

You do realize that Bethesda only gave Obsidian about a year and a half of time to make the game?

I'm not bashing them. I did, after all, call the game a masterpiece. It just took a good amount of time for it to get there.

Bethesda is a better development studio. They're on different level than Obsidian. They just completely screwed the pooch with 76. Obsidian/black isle created the IP though, and they clearly have a better grasp of its lore and intricacies. Bethesda should have rolled with their ideas.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:45 AM, nagahide13 said:

I'm not bashing them. I did, after all, call the game a masterpiece. It just took a good amount of time for it to get there.

Bethesda is a better development studio. They're on different level than Obsidian. They just completely screwed the pooch with 76. Obsidian/black isle created the IP though, and they clearly have a better grasp of its lore and intricacies. Bethesda should have rolled with their ideas.

Every Bethesda Game Studios game is littered with bugs upon release. All despite having a much larger and more adequately funded studio. I'd hope they were better, but honestly they're not much.

• 4 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 1:16 PM, Heimdallr said:

Anyone playing this? The new updates and DLC are really cool. So much new content. 

10+ players teaming up to take down a Scorchbeast Queen is some of the most fun I've ever had in a game, ever.

I'll try the game when it eventually becomes F2P