Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

And I hope this is the only time this can be said. I put more time into 4 than any other game, ever, and would like the opportunity to play another, traditional game. 

Wait for fallout 5 in like 2-3 years. 

 

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I disagree, I think there are so many different ways to play the game that unless you are looking for only a linear story, you’ll have fun. You can quest, role play, build camps, team with others, PVP, grind for gear and caps, trade, and then there is the BR mode which will attract completely different players.

i hate BR games, but that mode was actually really fun. I can see a lot of people playing only that and having a great time.

 

I mean yeah there is something for everyone, but this game is so god damn glitchy and I've been banned 4 times because of glitches and other various reasons. It's a pain in the *** when you just want to play the game and nothing works right. I love this game but it is a hard ask to pay for this game and tell people to accept what it is. 

If you want a multiplayer game that has all of that and more, I'd say Ark:Survival Evolved  is the game for you. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I mean yeah there is something for everyone, but this game is so god damn glitchy and I've been banned 4 times because of glitches and other various reasons. It's a pain in the *** when you just want to play the game and nothing works right. I love this game but it is a hard ask to pay for this game and tell people to accept what it is. 

What glitches do you have? Other than the few months following release, I almost never have any glitches. At least not ones that are bad enough for me to really care about. The one bug/missing feature that bothers me the most is not having fast travel targets in camps, so if you fast travel to someone's camp sometimes you spawn in a foundation or off a cliff or something weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heimdallr said:

What glitches do you have? Other than the few months following release, I almost never have any glitches. At least not ones that are bad enough for me to really care about. The one bug/missing feature that bothers me the most is not having fast travel targets in camps, so if you fast travel to someone's camp sometimes you spawn in a foundation or off a cliff or something weird.

Mostly server glitches and login issues. The game runs pretty good but the occasional disconnect still happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Personally I think it would be worth getting for ~$30 just to run through the main quest lines. If you are into FO lore, there is a LOT. I thought the main story (and the side quest lines) in 76 are excellently written. I really enjoyed it. Even if you never play past that I would say it is worth getting. Especially with the new DLC quests that have come out

for the record, I always play strictly solo. I don’t play the game any differently than I played FO4, other than checking out other players’ camps and seeing what they have for trade.

I didn't know there was that much solo content. I'll see when I get to another game. With Dying Light being my game of choice now then Days Gone next, if I can compete all this prior to March of next year, I may do it for the right price. FF7R will immediately take up my time once it comes out. I did really enjoy getting immersed in 4 so this has always been something I check on from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I didn't know there was that much solo content. I'll see when I get to another game. With Dying Light being my game of choice now then Days Gone next, if I can compete all this prior to March of next year, I may do it for the right price. FF7R will immediately take up my time once it comes out. I did really enjoy getting immersed in 4 so this has always been something I check on from time to time.

Well FO76 is literally free this week, so now would be the time to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Wait for fallout 5 in like 2-3 years. 

 

I mean yeah there is something for everyone, but this game is so god damn glitchy and I've been banned 4 times because of glitches and other various reasons. It's a pain in the *** when you just want to play the game and nothing works right. I love this game but it is a hard ask to pay for this game and tell people to accept what it is. 

If you want a multiplayer game that has all of that and more, I'd say Ark:Survival Evolved  is the game for you. 

 

 

It's going to be a lot longer than 2-3 years for fallout 5. They aren't going to do a new fallout game until after Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 and it's likely still going to be 2-3 years at least until both of those are finally out... We probably won't see a fallout 5 until 2025 or so at the earliest if I had to guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It's going to be a lot longer than 2-3 years for fallout 5. They aren't going to do a new fallout game until after Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 and it's likely still going to be 2-3 years at least until both of those are finally out... We probably won't see a fallout 5 until 2025 or so at the earliest if I had to guess.

There was 7 years between fallout 3 and fallout 4. 

Bethesda isn't going to wait 10 years for the next mainline fallout game. At minimum if they're too busy with TES6/Starfield they'll license it out to another developer (ala New Vegas) to keep the property fresh. I'd expect one around 2022 depending on when Starfield launches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

There was 7 years between fallout 3 and fallout 4. 

Bethesda isn't going to wait 10 years for the next mainline fallout game. At minimum if they're too busy with TES6/Starfield they'll license it out to another developer (ala New Vegas) to keep the property fresh. I'd expect one around 2022 depending on when Starfield launches. 

Oh that's what they did w/ NV? Cool! I heard that one is a lot of fun! Even if it takes 10 years, whatever, when spring of 2020 comes around, there's about 4 titles I want to play so that'll keep me busy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Bethesda isn't going to wait 10 years for the next mainline fallout game. 

Why? I don't see why FO76 wouldn't be considered a "mainline" game, and they have plans to put more and more content into 76 for at least another year. It has definitely advanced the Fallout lore and I would say it is more "mainline" than New Vegas was, considering that wasn't a Bethesda Games Studio game. 

With continued work on FO76, Starfield, and eventually TES6, there is no way Fallout 5 is coming anytime soon. They confirmed it won't be out until after TES6, and I don't see that being released before 2022 at the very earliest. I'd expect nothing earlier than 2024 for Fallout 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? I don't see why FO76 wouldn't be considered a "mainline" game, and they have plans to put more and more content into 76 for at least another year. It has definitely advanced the Fallout lore and I would say it is more "mainline" than New Vegas was, considering that wasn't a Bethesda Games Studio game. 

With continued work on FO76, Starfield, and eventually TES6, there is no way Fallout 5 is coming anytime soon. They confirmed it won't be out until after TES6, and I don't see that being released before 2022 at the very earliest. I'd expect nothing earlier than 2024 for Fallout 5.

Bethesda put out FO76 because they wanted to keep the fallout property relevant and make $$$ while they work on their next 2 biggest titles, like TESO it's a game in the series but it's nto a mainline game. 

New Vegas is what fallout is supposed to be, FO76 isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 12:27 AM, SwoleXmad said:

There was 7 years between fallout 3 and fallout 4. 

Bethesda isn't going to wait 10 years for the next mainline fallout game. At minimum if they're too busy with TES6/Starfield they'll license it out to another developer (ala New Vegas) to keep the property fresh. I'd expect one around 2022 depending on when Starfield launches. 

Everyone said that about TES6 like three years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I was just tinkering around on my CAMP [which takes a good bit of planning and finagling because I'm at the build limit], just adding some new things from plans I had bought from other players, when all of a sudden every single one of my turrets starts going off and I get blasted in the back by a level 50 Scorchbeast. I'm a level 40 melee character, so Scorchbeasts are one of the few things I really have problems with. Luckily I have a 2-shot minigun stored in my stash, so I grab that and start chipping away it's health. I'm doing enough damage where I'm pretty confident I'll be able to survive and bring it down, but my CAMP is being shredded all around me. All my turrets are gone, and everything on the top level of my CAMP has been wiped out. The walls are starting to come down.

Luckily my CAMP is basically touching the north side of the Whitespring train station, so I get a lot of player traffic, and a level 130+ guy in full power armor that was passing through just flies in (literally, with a jetpack) shooting off his gatling laser and brings down the Scorchbeast in a few seconds. Not only did he save my butt, but then he stuck around and repaired all my turrets and most of my CAMP before buying some blood packs from my vending machine, giving me a heart emote, and fast traveling away.

I feel like that encounter perfectly exemplifies my experience with this game and the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×