Fallout 76

Danger

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

For someone who doesn't play ESO (I"m assuming Elder Scrolls Online) could you guys please tell me what you mean by that?

ESO is kinda like WoW for Elder Scrolls. There is some solo ES-like stuff. But it's mostly an mmorpg.

Someone else can probably explain better than I can.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Let me rephrase it. If it doesn't have the core single player experience we're accustomed to, I'll be shocked, that doesn't mean that it won't have multiplayer aspects.

Hedging!!! Haha

If we believe that guy it seems like he's implying it's online only though

IZyEgbZ.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(video_game)

Rust is a survival PvP video game with some PvE elements developed and published by Facepunch Studios for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. The game only features multiplayer modes. Rust was initially created as a clone of DayZ, a popular mod for ARMA 2 with the addition of crafting elements. Originally released onto Steam's early access program in December 2013, the game was fully released in February 2018.

The objective of the game is to survive in the wilderness by crafting items using the materials gathered or stolen; the player starts with only a rock and a torch. There is only a multiplayer mode and a prevalent concept in Rust is to form and join clans with other players. Raiding is a very common action, usually done in large clans. Since Rust's first alpha launch, animals, hunting and the ability to craft armor and weapons have been added.

Bright side, it's not an MMO. Downside, it's not an open world single player experience. IF this is true.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

ESO is kinda like WoW for Elder Scrolls. There is some solo ES-like stuff. But it's mostly an mmorpg.

Someone else can probably explain better than I can.

Meh, that's enough. If this is true then it does sound settlement based where I'm guessing you become a part of a settlement and attack others and defend against others. If that's the case, this definitely won't be for me lol. Thanks for the info.

Meh, that's enough. If this is true then it does sound settlement based where I'm guessing you become a part of a settlement and attack others and defend against others. If that's the case, this definitely won't be for me lol. Thanks for the info.

Yeah that's certainly what it sounds like. I hope that there's more to it than that. I don't want to play Minecraft for adults

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

IZyEgbZ.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(video_game)

Bright side, it's not an MMO. Downside, it's not an open world single player experience. IF this is true.

Man, I hope it's not true and would prefer this just be an optional choice. Not sure why they'd make a niche game rather than one that appeals to every type of player but hell if I know where the strongest market presence is.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah that's certainly what it sounds like. I hope that there's more to it than that. I don't want to play Minecraft for adults

But think of all the amazing things groups of people will be able to build.

Man, I hope it's not true and would prefer this just be an optional choice. Not sure why they'd make a niche game rather than one that appeals to every type of player but hell if I know where the strongest market presence is.

From as near as I can tell, right now I'll be waiting and seeing before I buy this game, probably a week or two after release when people've actually had time to get their hands on it.