Fallout 76

Danger

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Rust is pretty much an MMO man

Alright it's not an MMO in the same sense as ESO. So long as this isn't just "Fallout Online" essentially. Then I'm alright with it. I don't want a half assed MMORPG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

From as near as I can tell, right now I'll be waiting and seeing before I buy this game, probably a week or two after release when people've actually had time to get their hands on it.

Agreed. Right there w/ you. Not sure when it would even be released but I have Death Stranding and Days Gone coming out so I'll be good w/ them as they're apparently open world and can be played forever.

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Man, I hope it's not true and would prefer this just be an optional choice. Not sure why they'd make a niche game rather than one that appeals to every type of player but hell if I know where the strongest market presence is.

The numbers for how many people play ESO range from 100,000 to 2.5M. lol

Either way, ESO at least has some kind of appeal. And they're always adding to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

While playing FO4 I always thought it would be incredible to have a mode where you got to defend and attack other players' settlements. Building up a huge settlement and only needing to defend from raiders or mutants was boring. 

It gets redundant but not sure I'd make an entire game out of it. I have thought about this as well and what you're describing seems like  such a small portion of what FO4 is about. My PS4 only tells me I'm 30% done w/ the game though so I've still a ways to go.

So after reading and talking to a few buddies I think this is going to be survival type game - in the mold 7DTD (only example I could think of). If that's what happens, consider me intrigued, if it ends up being Fallout Online I'll be uber disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I think a Destiny-style co-op game would be really cool.

It would make sense because in this one you are no longer a sole survivor / lone wanderer. 

I don't think there is any chance of this being a full MMORPG.

Fallout MMORPG wouldn't be successful imo, not worth it.

16 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Naked guy chiseling a rock is a strong trailer opener

Lol that's how all those damn games actually start though. I don't get the fascination. On PC it's just endless clones of those games still