Fallout 76

Danger

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Vault 76 was supposed to open 20 years after the bombs, but the date on the pipboy is 2102, so there is about a 5 year gap between the vault opening and the character leaving the vault.

Guess that means no one else returned to the vault to clean up anything? Wonder what that means in the grand scheme of things. Could be good or bad for the dwellers' fates.

1. In the trailer it looks like there is a mutated skull on the wall of the characters room, which makes me think he has already been out of the vault, but still lives there.

2. The mess from the reclamation day party is still there, so apparently everyone left the vault, so why is he still there, and where is everyone else?

3. The character has a model of an alien ship in his room, and we know that Giles Wolstencroft was captured by aliens from the Vault 76 construction site, so I'm guessing aliens will be part of the game. 

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Odd that they're returning to Fallout so soon. I thought they were retiring that whole engine and starting from scratch. We going to get another buggy installment that's more of a step sideways than forwards? Loved Fallout 3, Fallout 4 was quite good but ultimately disappointing, if that seems contradictory then good because that's how I feel about it.

What makes you think a new engine would be less buggy? Bug ridden but loveable messes are the real trademark for Todd Howard and BGS. 

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Fallout 4 is like 2285.

The big issue all the big Fallout fans had with FO4 was that it wasn't a true RPG and it had limited dialogue choices

Yeah, dialogue choices are limited for sure. It doesn't really bother me a whole lot though. I just like wandering around and doing random stuff lol. This game is great for it. I've recently started MODing all my weapons and armor now. An introduction to all the things you can do in this game would have been a MAJOR help. I'm probably 40+ hours into it and am still figuring out stuff I feel should be basic knowledge.

Why does every game and movie that I love insist on doing prequels?  WHY? 

It just kinda sucks to me because I know that whatever I do in this game, the Institute is just going to undo or improve upon 100 years later anyway.  I hate prequels.  Why does everybody do prequels?  Move on already. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Why does every game and movie that I love insist on doing prequels?  WHY? 

It just kinda sucks to me because I know that whatever I do in this game, the Institute is just going to undo or improve upon 100 years later anyway.  I hate prequels.  Why does everybody do prequels?  Move on already. 

It's not like a direct prequel though. Each Fallout game does a different setting and cast of characters. The institute's realm of influence is relatively limited in scope. Primarily the Boston area.

Edited by Danger

Just now, Danger said:

It's not like a direct prequel though. Each Fallout game does a different setting and cast of characters.

Yes, I know.  I still would rather go forward.   Especially if it's going to be settlement heavy as a game.  I will want to build this super duper awesome settlement that everybody will hear about and I'll be wondering why my character never heard about it in Fallout 3 or 4.  Therefore, I wish this Fallout was set in Alaska or North Dakota or somewhere far enough away that characters from 3/4 wouldn't have heard about it.

I'll absolutely 100% get it, play it and probably enjoy it.  Especially if it's settlement building heavy.  I just hate prequels. 

• Like 1

Just now, skywindO2 said:

What makes you think a new engine would be less buggy? Bug ridden but loveable messes are the real trademark for Todd Howard and BGS. 

Hope.

Fallout 4 almost felt like a PS3 title at times, and a 3 year turnaround for the next installment for the same IP is short for Bethesda. My expectations are going to be tempered for this one, at least until there's some gameplay released.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I'm guessing this will not be a full Fallout RPG. Probably some sort of settlement management game, or multiplayer/coop game.

Have to disagree. I can't see Bethesda hyping of the game this much if that were the case. The backlash on when people find out that it's not actually a full fledged game would be terrible for them in a time where people's patience is starting to wear thin after the abysmal E3 2017 they had. You also have to look at the time since their last full release. It's been 3 years and their studio size I believe has nearly tripled since the development of Fallout 4.

I thought Bethesda announced it would release at least one other major RPG before its next Fallout/Elder Scrolls game. 

I was under the same impression. That and the short turnaround makes me wonder if @Heimdallr is right and it's not a full-fledged single-player title release.

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm guessing this will not be a full Fallout RPG. Probably some sort of settlement management game, or multiplayer/coop game.

Yeah hopefully it's a fallout version of elder scrolls online, cause that game wasn't even remotely f***** trash

I thought Bethesda announced it would release at least one other major RPG before its next Fallout/Elder Scrolls game. 

They had two, traditional releases on their plate before ES VI. Fallout 76, and (likely) Starfield, but when that comes out is anyone's guess.