Fallout 76

Danger

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

ugh. the worst part of the game

Uh but can you imagine how fun a pure building game with microtransactions would be? You can wait a day to gain ten wood and metal but if you pay $2.99 you can get 18 all at once! A big bank account could potentially build the sickest of world's and I am so bummed you don't see the potential 

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

ugh. the worst part of the game

I actually loved the sims esque building and making it a livable breathing base, later on in the game decking it out and making it cool. That said, if that's coming at the expense of the traditional open world single player exploration games they've been known for I'll be pretty disappointed.

Just now, Tyty said:

Uh but can you imagine how fun a pure building game with microtransactions would be? You can wait a day to gain ten wood and metal but if you pay $2.99 you can get 18 all at once! A big bank account could potentially build the sickest of world's and I am so bummed you don't see the potential 

the only saving grace would be if it were mmorpg so i can band with a group of players with the sole intention of demolishing structures

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I actually loved the sims esque building and making it a livable breathing base, later on in the game decking it out and making it cool. That said, if that's coming at the expense of the traditional open world single player exploration games they've been known for I'll be pretty disappointed.

i only built stuff for quest purposes

Just now, MathMan said:

It, like a lot of things in BGS games, is better with mods like Place Anywhere and things that give you a lot more items than Vanilla, but hey to each their own.

As someone who's going through FO4 for the first time and is probably about halfway done w/ it, I do find myself in settlements but really only to store junk and craft armor and all that jazz. I do the quests and if one needs defending, I get on it. I don't spend  a ton of time on it. IMO, the balance between that and the traditional game is great.

4 minutes ago, MathMan said:

the only saving grace would be if it were mmorpg so i can band with a group of players with the sole intention of demolishing structures

And I'll be right around the corner undoing everything you undo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

It, like a lot of things in BGS games, is better with mods like Place Anywhere and things that give you a lot more items than Vanilla, but hey to each their own.

yeah, i like the survival experience.

no fast travel, scrounge for goods, kill, suffer, get diseases, take drugs, easy to kill, easy to die.

building stuff when i am doing all that doesnt meet my priorties or fit my character

4 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I built a skyscraper that made no sense according to physics. Supee slim base and then each level up I made each floor drastically wider. Bottom boi had a 50 sq foot apartment and top boi had a 15,000 sq ft but bottom boi paid the most cause his proximity to the radiation river. Beautiful views, much to see. 

Just now, Tyty said:

I built a skyscraper that made no sense according to physics. Supee slim base and then each level up I made each floor drastically wider. Bottom boi had a 50 sq foot apartment and top boi had a 15,000 sq ft but bottom boi paid the most cause his proximity to the radiation river. Beautiful views, much to see. 

so bottom boi is more expensive than top boi.

noted.

Just now, Tyty said:

This is such a TyTy thing to do lmfao. Meanwhile you have me over hear that without mods was driven nuts that things didn't look structurally sound even if slightly off.

• Like 1