Fallout 76

Danger

58 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I got a fresh install done last night actually so I got my game running now without any mods. And I really don't know what mods I run, I'm still relatively new to PC gaming and had about 6-8 hours into NV before I broke it. I'm not looking for some huge graphical overhaul. HUD improvements, QOL stuff, weapon mods, story content.. that kind of thing.

Try Project Nevada. An overhaul that adds some fun additions. Hot keys for night vision, grenades, etc.

Nevada skies for weather. More perks and traits is also a must.

Also New Vegas had some excellent quest mods:

Demios

New Vegas Bounties 1-3

The Inheritance.

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

Try Project Nevada. An overhaul that adds some fun additions. Hot keys for night vision, grenades, etc.

Nevada skies for weather. More perks and traits is also a must.

Also New Vegas had some excellent quest mods:

Demios

New Vegas Bounties 1-3

The Inheritance.

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have a suggested guideline or walkthrough I could follow to get everything working right? Or a place where I may find some info on modding with Nexus?

38 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I tried NV but just couldnt get into it. I think the gameplay and graphics were just too dated. Maybe I'll try installing some mods and giving it another chance

People forget how much of an issues both were at launch. Texture packs are common mods but no amount of adjustments could fix New Vegas and FO3's awful combat.

That's why I can see FO4 for the game that it is: A drastic improvement in nearly every aspect. The exception being storytelling.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Gopher is a popular YouTuber who has a bunch of guides on New Vegas. He even shows how to install Mod Organizer. That auto installs mods for you.

Once you get a few down you'll start to see it's pretty easy.

Maybe that's where I screwed up last time. I know I installed Mod Organizer towards the end.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I bet the "multiplayer" and "online" aspects are just being able to have a human-controlled companion instead of an AI companion. 

PVP would be very surprising to me.

Battle Royale or even say anything more than 8 players sounds like it'd leave the engine choked.

Just now, Danger said:

Battle Royale or even say anything more than 8 players sounds like it'd leave the engine choked.

Yeah, FO4 can barely run on PS4 with one player; no way they could have anything more than 3-4 players at the very most.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, FO4 can barely run on PS4 with one player; no way they could have anything more than 3-4 players at the very most.

On the Regular Xbox One, Survival was often times unplayable because of frequent crashes especially when using VATS. 

I'm not sure if it's just the current engine, or BGS in general. But the optimization in their games is horrendous.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

On the Regular Xbox One, Survival was often times unplayable because of frequent crashes especially when using VATS. 

I'm not sure if it's just the current engine, or BGS in general. But the optimization in their games is horrendous.

I have XBOX1 and played survival mode only during my playthrough, I think I had 2-3 crashes in ~50hrs. Used VATS extensively.