• Hill
    • Mixon
    • Bernard
  2. 2. Who ends the game?

• Hill
    • Mixon
    • Bernard

13 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

Maybe they want to see if Hill starts out good in that game or not, which would warrant the decision to either leave him in the game or not. Ride the hot hand so to speak.

That is what they seem to be doing, but I wouldn't want to waste two possessions a game finding out what we already know.  Unless Hill gets back to just hitting the hole, he's a backup.

23 hours ago, INbengalfan said:
On 8/5/2017 at 7:26 PM, MrCincinnati said:

Maybe they want to see if Hill starts out good in that game or not, which would warrant the decision to either leave him in the game or not. Ride the hot hand so to speak.

That is what they seem to be doing, but I wouldn't want to waste two possessions a game finding out what we already know.  Unless Hill gets back to just hitting the hole, he's a backup.

That's exactly what i mean.  What i hear is:

"We don't want to hurt Jeremy's feelings, so we'll let him get a token start and waste 2 possessions before we bring in our good players."

Like this team can afford to waste offensive possessions where they can't run the ball.

I hate beating the dead horse again, but now the Cincinnati Enquirer seems to believe Jeremy Hill will start all season unless he's injured or absolutely terrible. So I guess he needs to have a 1 yard rushing average otherwise he's going to keep starting.

On another note, Marvin Lewis has given more praise to Joe Mixon, but said he wants to see how he plays in pass protection.

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

I hate beating the dead horse again, but now the Cincinnati Enquirer seems to believe Jeremy Hill will start all season unless he's injured or absolutely terrible. So I guess he needs to have a 1 yard rushing average otherwise he's going to keep starting.

On another note, Marvin Lewis has given more praise to Joe Mixon, but said he wants to see how he plays in pass protection.

I will rage to watch them waste drives to keep a 3.5 ypc back happy if gio and mixon are averaging over 4. Rage. 

I watched highlights from your preseason game and you guys landed a stud in Mixon.  If your coaching staff knows what they're doing Mixon will be your week 1 starter which will add a dynamic playmaker to your O.  The only way I see him not starting is if he is a major liability in pass protection.  

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I watched highlights from your preseason game and you guys landed a stud in Mixon.  If your coaching staff knows what they're doing Mixon will be your week 1 starter which will add a dynamic playmaker to your O.  The only way I see him not starting is if he is a major liability in pass protection.  

He showed well in pass pro. But he still won't start because this staff is like that backwater high school varsity coach that starts his own kid and his kids friends and his friends kid from his previous glory days. 

Personally I'd cut Hill and keep tra Carson. Gives you a guy with more utility that can play special teams and run in a pinch. Use your better two rbs because now they don't have to worry about hurting feelings. 

5 hours ago, theJ said:

He showed well in pass pro. But he still won't start because this staff is like that backwater high school varsity coach that starts his own kid and his kids friends and his friends kid from his previous glory days. 

Personally I'd cut Hill and keep tra Carson. Gives you a guy with more utility that can play special teams and run in a pinch. Use your better two rbs because now they don't have to worry about hurting feelings. 

If he doesn't start your coaching staff needs to have their heads examined.  Yeah it was 1 preseason game, I know not to jump the gun but what I saw in Mixon can't be taught.  Neither Gio nor Hill have have a skillset even close to what Mixon showed me.  The guy will be a beast and should start week 1 if he can pass protect and not get Dalton killed.

Archived