Bills Trade WR Sammy Watkins To the Rams

HTTRDynasty

18 hours ago, coors said:

The flashes that he showed at Clemson as a freshman was just out of this world. 

He was the BMOC on a WR unit that included DeAndre Hopkins and Martavis Bryant. Dude was incredible.

As a football fan in general, I hope he plays a full 16. A talented dude like that is fun to watch.

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Snead isn't keeping his job with at least 7/8 wins. No way he will.

It has been (extremely) obvious by the moves made this offseason that Snead has been hampered by Jeff Fisher for the past handful of years. I would bet this year is a pass for him as GM as long as the team doesnt go 3-13 or worse, which they would be blowing alot of stuff up in that case.

2018 will likely be the make or break year for Snead.

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Snead isn't keeping his job with at least 7/8 wins. No way he will.

Not worried about Snead losing his job by the end of this season. He savvy with moving across the draft board whether trading up or down and making picks based on the coach's preferences: Went from Fisher's freakishly athletic but raw talented rookies to McVay's high football IQ, exceptionally talented prospects. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

It has been (extremely) obvious by the moves made this offseason that Snead has been hampered by Jeff Fisher for the past handful of years. I would bet this year is a pass for him as GM as long as the team doesnt go 3-13 or worse, which they would be blowing alot of stuff up in that case.

2018 will likely be the make or break year for Snead.

Has Fisher been controlling Snead for the last 3-4 years?

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Has Fisher been controlling Snead for the last 3-4 years?

The very different approach taken this offseason sure makes it seem like Fisher had much more control/influence than we were aware of.

Im not saying that Snead wasnt doing anything or was just a puppet. But as yrba just said, Snead has made very good moves to put our coaches in position to obtain the players they want since he has been here. The actual execution of the draft picks and signings have seemed to be Fisher's demands (and Ownership's when it comes to Goff) before this offseason.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The very different approach taken this offseason sure makes it seem like Fisher had much more control/influence than we were aware of.

Im not saying that Snead wasnt doing anything or was just a puppet. But as yrba just said, Snead has made very good moves to put our coaches in position to obtain the players they want since he has been here. The actual execution of the draft picks and signings have seemed to be Fisher's demands (and Ownership's when it comes to Goff) before this offseason.

This makes a little more sense. I didn't like the Goff trade, but if it was ownership-motivated, it makes a lot more sense. Still, it's crazy that after so many losing seasons, Snead isn't on the hot seat. At this point, is all the blame going to Fisher for mismanaging the roster?

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

This makes a little more sense. I didn't like the Goff trade, but if it was ownership-motivated, it makes a lot more sense. Still, it's crazy that after so many losing seasons, Snead isn't on the hot seat. At this point, is all the blame going to Fisher for mismanaging the roster?

Mostly, from what we can tell. When they won Fisher as the HC over going to Miami (iirc) much of that was due to giving him Final say over the roster.

So the things that Snead has been in charge of, he has done very well. Almost all of the deals made under his watch (trades/contracts) have been wins, or at the very least not losses. Now some of the players gotten in those deals have not panned out, but that has always been known as Fishers decisions (as jrry pointed out)

Now this is just my assumption, but him making the move to go get Goff (at what we believe was ownerships request) was the reset button for his time as GM. They knew that Fisher was going unless the team was suddenly a contender, but they kept Snead around instead of completely cleaning house. I think now Snead/McVay/Goff have until  the opening of the new Stadium (3 more seasons) to make this team a contender or we will see all new guys running the franchise going into 2020.

Archived