Which newest addition to your team are you most looking forward to?

RaidersAreOne

On 5/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Tyrann Mathieu - the Texans have never had a good S on roster. Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the closest thing to a decent S, and they were average at best. Mathieu might fall down that same path, but he is a gamechanger when he's healthy (big when, I get it) and if you can pair that up with our front seven, there's an opportunity to see some special things.

Aaron Colvin is a 2nd - he's gonna get his shot at a boundary CB spot, let's see if he can do it.

Glover Quin Jr.? 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Glover Quin Jr.? 

Quin wasn't nearly the player he is now during his tenure in Houston. I'll admit he's in the discussion with Demps and Bernard (but behind Danieal Manning, who is the benchmark for the position). 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What kind of #s you expecting because JJ will get his and Sanu will still get quite a few targets too

Something like 77/870/5. With Julio commanding so much attention and Ridley being such a polished WR for a rookie he's going to feast 1 on 1. He'll also out snap Sanu who will primarily work out of the slot.

18 minutes ago, jarren said:

Something like 77/870/5. With Julio commanding so much attention and Ridley being such a polished WR for a rookie he's going to feast 1 on 1. He'll also out snap Sanu who will primarily work out of the slot.

I think you need to temper expectations. Wr is notoriously difficult to adjust to in the nfl, and i doubt we see ridley getting the complete nod game 1. Sanu will likely start off as the #2 as we ease in ridley. also i really hope thats not his stat line. That would be like 11 yards a catch which is kind of awful, especially considering we should see him mostly on the outside.

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I think you need to temper expectations. Wr is notoriously difficult to adjust to in the nfl, and i doubt we see ridley getting the complete nod game 1. Sanu will likely start off as the #2 as we ease in ridley. also i really hope thats not his stat line. That would be like 11 yards a catch which is kind of awful, especially considering we should see him mostly on the outside.

How many rookie WRs are as polished as Calvin? Get to play opposite of a WR like Julio? With a QB like Matt Ryan? 

Im projecting Ridley winning the #2 spot. DQ already aludded to him playing mostly on the outside and DQ almost never "eases" his high picked rookies in. 

As for the YPC. Sure bump off a few receptions to make his YPC higher. I didn't give it too much thought.

9 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Quin wasn't nearly the player he is now during his tenure in Houston. I'll admit he's in the discussion with Demps and Bernard (but behind Danieal Manning, who is the benchmark for the position). 

True. He has been very good for the Lions. 

40 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

True. He has been very good for the Lions. 

He's been a monster for them, really developed into a great player for Detroit. You saw flashes from him in Houston, but was inconsistent...

Archived