Which newest addition to your team are you most looking forward to?

RaidersAreOne

Lots has happened to every team this off-season, and excitement and optimism are always extremely high heading into Training Camp. So the questions is pretty self explanatory. Which new addition to your team are you most looking forward to see in action today. This can include a draft pick, FA signing or a new coach. 

Tyrann Mathieu - the Texans have never had a good S on roster. Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the closest thing to a decent S, and they were average at best. Mathieu might fall down that same path, but he is a gamechanger when he's healthy (big when, I get it) and if you can pair that up with our front seven, there's an opportunity to see some special things.

Aaron Colvin is a 2nd - he's gonna get his shot at a boundary CB spot, let's see if he can do it.

Immediate impact: Our new defensive coordinator, Dean Martindale. After years of suffering through Dean Pees and his godawful "bend but don't break" garbage schemes, all the reports coming out are that Martindale is freeing up our players and being a lot more aggressive with his schemes. I'm very much interested to see the results of this.

Longer term: Lamar Jackson, for obvious reasons.

34 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Hey Pollard had one goodish season!

Yeah, goodish. Demps was once a Pro Bowl alternate! That's good!

Andre Hal looks like a star vs Marcus Mariota...so there that, too!

Geez, our S situation has been a mess.

Tough to say for NE. 

I’m really interested in seeing how they use Sony Michel down the stretch and how the receiver depth chart ends up. Pats fans really want to see if Bentley and/or Sam develop into anything too.

But I’m hoping to finally see competent edge play. Derek Rivers is healthy, Adrian Clayborn is at least average, Trey Flowers won’t have to do it all on his own, Deatrich Wise can build off last season, and Dont’a Hightower can man some up there too. 

For the Eagles. Honestly to me it's Mike Wallace. We didn't have any huge names and Goedert probably won't have a big impact until year 2. Torrey Smith was absolutely useless during the regular season last year, so this could open things up even more for Alshon.

Archived