Which newest addition to your team are you most looking forward to?

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

sure colvin can do it but best probably at slot

And I wouldn't be too surprised to see him there, with Kevin Johnson and Jonathan Joseph on the boundaries when we go nickel. (Which is 60% of the time, mind you). In base package, he's probably going to get reps on that boundary when Joseph or Johnson sit. 

9 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

And I wouldn't be too surprised to see him there, with Kevin Johnson and Jonathan Joseph on the boundaries when we go nickel. (Which is 60% of the time, mind you). In base package, he's probably going to get reps on that boundary when Joseph or Johnson sit. 

I think those corners will be a huge reason for Matheiu making an impact at safety. I'm excited to see Colvin on the Texans.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I think those corners will be a huge reason for Matheiu making an impact at safety. I'm excited to see Colvin on the Texans.

Likewise, I think Mathieu back at S full time will vastly improve the Texans CB unit. The Texans have historically had bad S play - Danieal Manning, Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the best S the team has ever had, which isn't a good sign. Guys like Corey Moore, Andre Hal, Eddie Pleasant are significant liabilities to this defense. 

Mathieu and Justin Reid should really provide an impact early on. I'd love to see a guy like Kenny Vaccaro or Justin's brother Eric brought in to help solidify the unit, but Mathieu/Reid should really bolster the unit as a whole.

22 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Likewise, I think Mathieu back at S full time will vastly improve the Texans CB unit. The Texans have historically had bad S play - Danieal Manning, Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the best S the team has ever had, which isn't a good sign. Guys like Corey Moore, Andre Hal, Eddie Pleasant are significant liabilities to this defense. 

Mathieu and Justin Reid should really provide an impact early on. I'd love to see a guy like Kenny Vaccaro or Justin's brother Eric brought in to help solidify the unit, but Mathieu/Reid should really bolster the unit as a whole.

Justin Reid could be a huge addition.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:15 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Tyrann Mathieu - the Texans have never had a good S on roster. Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the closest thing to a decent S, and they were average at best. Mathieu might fall down that same path, but he is a gamechanger when he's healthy (big when, I get it) and if you can pair that up with our front seven, there's an opportunity to see some special things.

Aaron Colvin is a 2nd - he's gonna get his shot at a boundary CB spot, let's see if he can do it.

Glover Quin? I know he wasn't as good in Houston as he's been in Detroit but I'm pretty sure even back then he'd qualify as better than Demps or Pollard.

16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Glover Quin? I know he wasn't as good in Houston as he's been in Detroit but I'm pretty sure even back then he'd qualify as better than Demps or Pollard.

Yeah, forgot about Quin. He's taken massive steps forward since leaving Houston (he was nowhere near as good as he is now during his Houston days) but he's on the list too.

Archived