Top 5 reasons why the Redskins will make the Playoffs.

I figured we should have our own, since the Giants managed to have a page on NFL.com.

Feel free to create your own on this thread.

5) Depth=I feel we have improved our depth along the roster. Maybe not for every position, but for others that could hold us up for a run to the Playoffs. Injuries were brutal to us last season & we didn't have near the depth that I believe will carry us this year. We still managed a 7-9 season & I believe this will play a role in our successful up & coming season.

4) Overall team speed=Speed kills & it specially kills if you don't have any. I feel we have been borderline slow as a team for quite some time. Sure, we have had Jordan Reed & DeSean Jackson for Offensive weapons. However, once injuries came about, we didn't have the overall depth or team speed to replace them. Signing Paul Richardson might be the biggest underrated addition we made this off season. Defensively, I felt we lacked the speed to put pressure on Offenses. I feel Allen's quickness & Payne's burst off the line should at least help up front. Brown has been a pleasant addition as well & a huge re-signing for this element alone. QB & RB are huge upgrades for us in this area & will be another reason we make the playoffs this season.

3) Manusky=I feel he is gonna have a huge year as our D-Coordinator. He was kicking butt, up until about week 5 when all our dudes became a MASH unit. We've added some toys & I love the mentality he instills into our Defense. We seem much more aggressive in attacking, rather than sitting back & absorbing the blows like before. Manusky will be a huge reason, this Redskins team makes the Playoffs.

2) Playing well in big games for 1000, Alex!= I can't tell you enough how important it is to not just play well in huge games, but to WIN them. I feel very strongly, that we have upgraded in that department alone at the QB position. Who goes to Foxboro opening day & beats Patriots? I can tell you wouldn't & who did. Well, Alex Smith didn't just win, but lit them up! I feel we will see a huge difference in QB from that perspective. I'm not talking about stats here. It may not always even be pretty. I'm talking about perseverance. The ability to hold tough & stay strong against another playoff team or a team that's riding hot. The ability to take that building pressure of uncertainty & come out on top as a winner. We didn't have that before...I promise! We do now! And this is why we will make the Playoffs.

1) Our Running game= You may not have known it before, but we actually did carry RB's on the roster the last few years. Chris Thompson is a great player, who's best suited as a 3rd down back or a passing option for the QB. He gives Defenses headaches because of his versatility, hands & quickness. We had nothing else behind him...Nothing. Now we've added a RB who's also quite quick himself, has good hands that were under utilized in college & will run you over with his fearless running style. He simply runs....angry. He, unlike Thompson can be a 3 down back if necessary. Having both of these guys is going to be a nightmare for teams. It's going to feel like we have Bobby Mitchell & Joe Washington in the same backfield. It's also my #1 reason we're making the Playoffs this year.

I applaud your enthusiasm and optimism. I also am expecting a good season. There are no guarantees on some young players proving themselves well or team health throughout.. but it's a good looking roster to me.  :) 

As far as the roster I agree it’s improved, definitely at RB and DL. I think health will be a huge factor as it is for every team. One factor I think we’re overlooking is the schedule because it’s tough, not sure if that would mitigate the team being healthy or not 

Top 5 reasons why the Redskins will make the Playoffs.

1. Everyone one the Eagles gets injured or suspended

2. The Cowboys all get thrown in jail

3. The Giants all go on a season long Odell/Smoot style Love Cruise 

4.  We hire a new head coach before the beginning of the season

5. When Pigs Fly WelloffPeacefulAurochs-max-1mb.gif

But there is hope! Some big things many thought would never happen- have happened

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" Bill Gates, 1981

"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau." Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929

" Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, US Office of Patents, 1899

College guys beat the Russia professionals- rZs13OV.gif?noredirect

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. Better Health

2. Alex Smith

3. Jordan Reed

4. Derrius Guice

5. Da’Ron Payne stuffing the run

I like the list but I've given up on Jordan Reed to ever stay healthy and be a staple of the offense/ team . Sadly :(

On 6/6/2018 at 9:12 AM, RSkinGM said:

I like the list but I've given up on Jordan Reed to ever stay healthy and be a staple of the offense/ team . Sadly :(

That’s fine, but as I’ve said in other threads his injuries have never cost him an entire season. Last year was the first year since his rookie year in 2013 that he missed 1/2 the season. In 2014, 15 & 16 he played in 11, 14 and 12 games.

Its more than likely that Reed plays in 10 games or more and when he’s in there he’ll be the number one target for Alex Smith just like Kelce was for Smith in Kansas City.

He’ll catch 6 or so passes a game for 70 plus yards in the games he plays in and average a Td every few games. I don’t expect Reed’s production to fall off just because he missed half the year last year with a hamstring injury and had to have toe surgery.

If Jordan Reed plays even 3/4 of the season, and Vernon Davis is healthy the games JR is not?

I'd take that TE combo over the Kelce/Demetrius Thomas one. Kelce is obviously very good, but he does have a couple wtf? drops/fails per game.. Thomas was laughed or screamed at consistently for having brick hands, and sticking on the roster.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Michael Thomas quietly becoming one of best at his position

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/08/michael-thomas-quietly-becoming-one-of-best-at-his-position/ via @ProFootballTalk

Here's another one. We need Josh Doctson to play up to his draft status and as well as Michael Thomas has for the Saints so far in his career.

How many targets per season will be a very interesting thing, as we go through the year.

149 and 122 targets, the last 2 years for Mike Thomas... 

123 and 117 targets, the last 2 years for Travis Kelce... 

78 targets for J Doctson last year. With Jordan Reed, VD, Crowder, Richardson, and Guice chewing into targets, I wonder what the number will be this time around. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

How many targets per season will be a very interesting thing, as we go through the year.

149 and 122 targets, the last 2 years for Mike Thomas... 

123 and 117 targets, the last 2 years for Travis Kelce... 

78 targets for J Doctson last year. With Jordan Reed, VD, Crowder, Richardson, and Guice chewing into targets, I wonder what the number will be this time around. 

Doctson barely played the first month because he was behind Terrelle Pryor. This year will be different as he’ll be a starter day 1 but I’m not sure he’s going to be one of Alex’s top targets with Crowder, Thompson and if Reed is healthy. He’s likely to get about 100 targets, but not near or over 120.

Archived