Is Winston Moss on his way out of Green Bay

OneTwoSixFive

Just check the interview and see what you think.

https://www.packers.com/video/winston-moss-uses-a-one-day-at-a-time-approach

That attitude in front of the press (short uncommunicative answers, chewing gum etc) suggests to me he will be out of Green Bay soon.

Perhaps he and Pettine are banging heads, but that attitude in front of the media is completely unacceptable and he is bound to be ripped on for that interview. Not one of all the journalists there, is going to miss that behaviour - there will be repercussions of some sort.

I don't know if he's on his way out but that was a bit unprofessional.  He has to go in front of the media maybe a couple times a year and can't engage for a few minutes?  Kind of embarrassing for him, especially with the title "Assistant Head Coach"

Whew that was bad.  He's clearly pissed off about something.  I'll have to go back and look at previous interviews.  Is it disdain for the media or is something else going on.  Never know what goes on inside a guy's head but he was a real prick in that presser.  I really don't care about how he comes off in a presser it's his job performance that  matters.  If his bad attitude is a daily deal affecting other coaches/players then yes show him the door.  Don't know what is going on internally so can't comment further.

That was a worthless press conference .. dude obviously didn't want to be there and gave basically nothing in his responses.  Guy seems to have a serious lack of personality .. no wonder he's never been able to land a HC job.  Would you want that guy leading your franchise?  

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That was a worthless press conference .. dude obviously didn't want to be there and gave basically nothing in his responses.  Guy seems to have a serious lack of personality .. no wonder he's never been able to land a HC job.  Would you want that guy leading your franchise?  

Mike McCarthy has to deal with that blah stuff on a daily (or in the offseason maybe weekly) basis. Moss has to do that probably less than 4 times PER YEAR. If you give THAT bad a performance, you deserve what you get. Everything about that interview suggest he just doesn't care about his job any more, which leads to the couldn't-care attitude. 

Based on that performance I'd expect one off two results. First He gives a grovelling apology........or Second, he is sacked.

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Mike McCarthy has to deal with that blah stuff on a daily (or in the offseason maybe weekly) basis. Moss has to do that probably less than 4 times PER YEAR. If you give THAT bad a performance, you deserve what you get. Everything about that interview suggest he just doesn't care about his job any more, which leads to the couldn't-care attitude. 

Based on that performance I'd expect one off two results. First He gives a grovelling apology........or Second, he is sacked.

Third, nothing happens because the front office doesn't see press conference performance as an important part of his job description

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

True, but MM did let Wilde have it a little bit yesterday:

https://www.packers.com/video/mccarthy-players-responding-to-pettine-s-defense 

This was quite a ugly presser by this guy, I don't remember many others he's had but this was a weird one to see by a coach. Maybe he just had a bad day or something, but still inexcusable. I'm just glad Pettine is the complete opposite, he gives out very well thought answers to almost everything, and  you can tell he's a great mind of the game. While Winston seems like he just wants his paycheck and to leave. Hopefully it's not a recurring theme or a distraction to the players and he's totally different coaching, but for sure this wasn't a good look for the guy.

Archived