Is Winston Moss on his way out of Green Bay

OneTwoSixFive

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, how many coaches enjoy talking to the media?  There's maybe a handful of them.  I mean, Bill Bellichick is a real joy to talk with yet nobody is questioning it.

Coaches can be testy after a game, but OTAs?  That is some seriously poor character.  I think Bill B. Could humor a few good old Wisconsin boys by answering very relevant and meaningful questions. And he's , you know, great.  Moss is as expendable as they come.

Being available to the press is part of their job, not just coaching. Like it or not these guys are public figures. I am not a public figure and my job responsibilities do not require me to hold press conferences with the media, however I do work with the public and some are very unpleasant, but that does not mean that I stoop to their level or project myself in a unflattering manner, I rise above it and kill them with kindness. This is baffling to me how some can so vociferously defend this guy. 

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Coaches are under no obligation to be friendly to the media.  They're getting paid to coach, not answer questions from talking heads who have limited knowledge about football.

It is pretty obvious that those on the two sides of this argument will never agree, so here is a solution. If Moss is still with the team on draft day 2019, I'll concede his media attitude wasn't important (to the Packers). If he is gone by that date, it suggests it WAS considered important, and you and PackerRaymond (among others) were wrong.

27 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It is pretty obvious that those on the two sides of this argument will never agree, so here is a solution. If Moss is still with the team on draft day 2019, I'll concede his media attitude wasn't important (to the Packers). If he is gone by that date, it suggests it WAS considered important, and you and PackerRaymond (among others) were wrong.

They aren't firing anyone from the Good Ol' Boys club until they have another losing season or epic playoff goof.  Capers didn't get fired until his presence wasted half of Rodgers' prime, so Moss being employed at this time next year means nothing.

37 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Big flaw with this is there is a football season in between there. If Moss' players don't perform on the field (a part of his job they actually monitor his performance on) he will be fired.

The Packers changed quite a few coaches this offseason and they clearly looked at many candidates for each of the various roles. Pettine signed off on Coach Moss being in GB going forward - if he had a better option, then that coach would be here instead. MM isn't going to handcuff the new guy by forcing him to keep guys he doesn't believe in. Pettine kept some, dumped others.

I think that offers a little hint about how he is viewed inside the building. As noted by PR, if Moss is gone, its because of football reasons, not press conference performances

MM might have even enjoyed it a little bit, there's no love lost between the HC of an NFL football team and the crew of click-baiters assigned to cover the squad. They have very different goals in their careers and as a noted by Transient Texan, its more of a parasitic relationship than a symbiotic one

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

The Packers changed quite a few coaches this offseason and they clearly looked at many candidates for each of the various roles. Pettine signed off on Coach Moss being in GB going forward - if he had a better option, then that coach would be here instead. MM isn't going to handcuff the new guy by forcing him to keep guys he doesn't believe in. Pettine kept some, dumped others.

I think that offers a little hint about how he is viewed inside the building. As noted by PR, if Moss is gone, its because of football reasons, not press conference performances

All this is true and indicates how the Packers (and Pettine and MM particularly) viewed Moss............THEN. We don't really know what they think now.

For me, if they thought he was good enough to keep then, and he is released next year,  it validates my contention that they considered his performances in front of the camera and whatever lay behind that, was serious enough to change their mind and release him.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Big flaw with this is there is a football season in between there. If Moss' players don't perform on the field (a part of his job they actually monitor his performance on) he will be fired.

If it looks like faeces, feels like faeces and smells like faeces...............do you really need to taste it too ?

If McCarthy knocked on your door personally, told you he really was very unhappy with Moss and intended to release him, would you call McCarthy overwrought and delusional ?

3 hours ago, Redt said:

Moss has been a big part of this defense while it has struggled, so I question his coaching aptitude

Then come up with worthwhile critiques on the scheme flaws or technique flaws of his players to support that. Instead of trying to use a press conference (one area) to somehow confirm your biases regarding a different area (performance on the football field) for lack of expertise in that different area. 

I could care less about how the coaches act with the media. I obviously like them being open and explaining things articulately. It does obviously paint them in a better light with fans and it *probably* hurts them getting promotions but there is no way to prove. This one might just because it has gone viral. 

Obviously Moss does something positive in MM's eyes. He has lasted through not 1 but 2 full defensive revamps. He was the only coached retained after they fired Sanders and is one of two after this Dom firing. Obviously MM sees value in him and it's hard for any of us to know what that is. If he is coaching on this staff I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

All this is true and indicates how the Packers (and Pettine and MM particularly) viewed Moss............THEN. We don't really know what they think now.

For me, if they thought he was good enough to keep then, and he is released next year,  it validates my contention that they considered his performances in front of the camera and whatever lay behind that, was serious enough to change their mind and release him.

If it looks like faeces, feels like faeces and smells like faeces...............do you really need to taste it too ?

If McCarthy knocked on your door personally, told you he really was very unhappy with Moss and intended to release him, would you call McCarthy overwrought and delusional ?

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Your statement about if Moss' doesn't get fired after the season vs if he does can't be used to prove anything about his attitude or these pressers. There's a huge variable in there being the performance of the team, defense and specifically LBs. If the WRs suck royally this year is our WR coach safe so long as he does good press conferences?

There's no way to be proven right in this situation unless one of us is secretly Mike McCarthy.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

it validates my contention

Do you need some validation ?

OneTwoSixFive is a fantastic poster and a brilliant mix of astute observations and insightful revelations. His kindness and generosity are exceeded only by his good looks and we are fortunate to be graced by his epic awesomeness on a daily basis.

Hope that helps  :)

Archived