Is Winston Moss on his way out of Green Bay

OneTwoSixFive

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

To reiterate: 1. Moss is an idiot to act this way whether its by design to act tough or he's just an idiot. Personally, I don't care which one it is. 2. He's an average LB coach which is why he's been stuck in GB and cant get a better gig elsewhere, another reason why I don't really care about him either way. 

Glad you still have a target on our coaching staff to blame now that Capers is gone.

Moss was brought in under the Bob Sanders regime, survived that firing, promoted to AHC, given the position of OLB coach as well as ILB coach and now survived a 2nd DC firing. Evidence seems to point to him being good at his job. 

In Moss's defense, the media hasn't been giving his linebackers any breaks this year, and by extension has been critical of the Packers coaches for expressing support for the OLB group this off season.

For the guys like Fackrell, Gilbert, and Biegel, the many of the fans and the media have written them off before they even start the year.

Maybe Moss is installing the attitude into the LB room that the media doesn't know what they are talking about, and developing that "chip on the shoulder" mentality that will inspire the guys to come out and prove the reporters wrong.  Essentially saying "F them, we are better than that."

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Glad you still have a target on our coaching staff to blame now that Capers is gone.

Moss was brought in under the Bob Sanders regime, survived that firing, promoted to AHC, given the position of OLB coach as well as ILB coach and now survived a 2nd DC firing. Evidence seems to point to him being good at his job. 

He's not a target...I'm basically indifferent. For me, we could replace him tomorrow or keep him around another 5 years. 

As for him sticking around, don't forget, MM kept Capers around until 2018 as well. Color me skeptical with his ability to realize when it's time to cut your losses on your coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

In Moss's defense, the media hasn't been giving his linebackers any breaks this year, and by extension has been critical of the Packers coaches for expressing support for the OLB group this off season.

For the guys like Fackrell, Gilbert, and Biegel, the many of the fans and the media have written them off before they even start the year.

Maybe Moss is installing the attitude into the LB room that the media doesn't know what they are talking about, and developing that "chip on the shoulder" mentality that will inspire the guys to come out and prove the reporters wrong.  Essentially saying "F them, we are better than that."

If our LBs pick up this attitude we will be the slowest team in the history of the NFL to react to the snap. ;)

5 minutes ago, Leader said:
The Rorschach test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of press conferences are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex algorithms, or both.  :)

LOL.

I love how this whole situation is getting blown out of proportion. My only disappointment is that he didn't go Jim Mora Sr. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

All of you must've been QBs or WRs when you played football. The DL and LBs, they're a different breed man, and the coach who's assigned to them usually is cut from that same cloth

QB on offense, ILB on defense;  present and accounted for.

Some of us are that talented that we can live in both worlds....

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

QB on offense, ILB on defense;  present and accounted for.

Some of us are that talented that we can live in both worlds....

You left out a small detail.....that you were a backup in both worlds!  :)

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 as a fan you deserve and are owed nothing from any sports team. (To save me from having to make post #2 please do not mention anything about fans owning the team).

#2 I can't believe the lack of ability to separate what's going on here. Is Moss being some sort of role model here or acting maturely or respectfully? No. He's being an ***. Yet he's the coach of a violent game at a position where you absolutely need to have a bit of crazy in you to succeed at. All of you must've been QBs or WRs when you played football. The DL and LBs, they're a different breed man, and the coach who's assigned to them usually is cut from that same cloth. Now Moss wasn't always like this, but this off-season the media reported incorrectly that the Packers didn't want him back and have questioned his players to no end, so this is how he's decided to respond, who cares?

On point #1 you are dead wrong.  If there were no fans there would be no football.  Period.  The NFL or any professional sports team owes everything to the fans.

Make good arguments on your second point.  However I do care.  His attitude during the presser was piss poor.  This is part of his job like it or not.  He's not a HS coach this is the NFL.  He needs to be better than that.  Really his behavior was inexcusable.  Of all the Packer pressers over the years I have never seen this kind of behavior.  Not once.  

11 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This is a good and helpful point.  I hadn't thought about it from that side before.  

Moss is a loser. Many times when I hear or read interviews from NFL positional coaches, I really think to myself, "surely they could do better". 

I'd prefer someone who is intelligent, approachable, and a good communicator as a coach, no matter the designation.  Moss exudes none of these qualities.  This is the associate head such?  McCarthy makes some terrible personnel decisions.

31 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Moss is a loser. Many times when I hear or read interviews from NFL positional coaches, I really think to myself, "surely they could do better". 

I'd prefer someone who is intelligent, approachable, and a good communicator as a coach, no matter the designation.  Moss exudes none of these qualities.  This is the associate head such?  McCarthy makes some terrible personnel decisions.

He exudes none of these qualities to people who have given him/his position group no respect. You have no idea what he's like with his guys. The pack doesn't need a staff full of Raih's. Bet Daniels likes him just fine.

50 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He exudes none of these qualities to people who have given him/his position group no respect. You have no idea what he's like with his guys. The pack doesn't need a staff full of Raih's. Bet Daniels likes him just fine.

This isn't some widespread bashing by the media.  It's a few people trying to do their jobs by getting answers to questions the fans want to know.  He's got the easiest and most forgiving fan base in the league to deal with, he can afford to toughen up his skin some.

I see in Moss what I see in many of the stubborn, old ***** out there.  They have knowledge and ability, or else they wouldn't be where they are, but they know what they know and they don't typically seek to expand their knowledge or be particularly easy to deal with. I would prefer someone with some ambition.  He's clearly very comfortable with where he is and wants to be nothing more, since this is how he chooses to present himself.  He looks unemployable.  I'd prefer a coach who aspires to improve his craft rather than coast on his experience.

Archived