Is Winston Moss on his way out of Green Bay

OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

This isn't some widespread bashing by the media.  It's a few people trying to do their jobs by getting answers to questions the fans want to know.  He's got the easiest and most forgiving fan base in the league to deal with, he can afford to toughen up his skin some.

I see in Moss what I see in many of the stubborn, old ***** out there.  They have knowledge and ability, or else they wouldn't be where they are, but they know what they know and they don't typically seek to expand their knowledge or be particularly easy to deal with. I would prefer someone with some ambition.  He's clearly very comfortable with where he is and wants to be nothing more, since this is how he chooses to present himself.  He looks unemployable.  I'd prefer a coach who aspires to improve his craft rather than coast on his experience.

I guess should probably fire Pettine? He's expressed minimal interest in becoming a HC again. Said he prefers the DC spot. Idk if Philbin is going to get another HC shot either.. I guess I don't really care of coaches or players give interviews, if they do that's neat and if they don't oh well. The rest of that is a lot of wide ranging assumptions of character based off of two interviews. I'm not going to get too into what I think he's learning or improving upon.

@HighCalebR  You aimed your gun at the bullseye of Patriotplayer90,  but you missed the entire target. His point was about attitude, not promotion. If Pettine and other coaches have a good attitude, they can build on what they already know and improve how they pass their knowledge/philosophy on to the team. A person can improve how he does his job without necessarily wanting a higher job spot. It is very possible Pettine and Philbin are in that category, and (imo) it is a mature person who realises (after having tried a higher spot) that the job one step down from there, is the level they work best at and enjoy the most.

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@HighCalebR  You aimed your gun at the bullseye of Patriotplayer90,  but you missed the entire target. His point was about attitude, not promotion. If Pettine and other coaches have a good attitude, they can build on what they already know and improve how they pass their knowledge/philosophy on to the team. A person can improve how he does his job without necessarily wanting a higher job spot. It is very possible Pettine and Philbin are in that category, and (imo) it is a mature person who realises (after having tried a higher spot) that the job one step down from there, is the level they work best at and enjoy the most.

imo, attitude with reporters means nothing. They're generally uninformative parasites these days anyways. I care about what his attitude is while interacting with his players, and we know nothing about that, so the whining is pointless. 

19 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Moss is a loser. Many times when I hear or read interviews from NFL positional coaches, I really think to myself, "surely they could do better". 

I'd prefer someone who is intelligent, approachable, and a good communicator as a coach, no matter the designation.  Moss exudes none of these qualities.  This is the associate head such?  McCarthy makes some terrible personnel decisions.

I could give a damn how he talks to the media.  I only care about what his players think.

18 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

This isn't some widespread bashing by the media.  It's a few people trying to do their jobs by getting answers to questions the fans want to know.  He's got the easiest and most forgiving fan base in the league to deal with, he can afford to toughen up his skin some.

I see in Moss what I see in many of the stubborn, old ***** out there.  They have knowledge and ability, or else they wouldn't be where they are, but they know what they know and they don't typically seek to expand their knowledge or be particularly easy to deal with. I would prefer someone with some ambition.  He's clearly very comfortable with where he is and wants to be nothing more, since this is how he chooses to present himself.  He looks unemployable.  I'd prefer a coach who aspires to improve his craft rather than coast on his experience.

There's probably a handful of media members who actually dig for legitimate questions.  It's the media's job to create headlines so people read their newspaper, internet articles, blogs, etc.  The fact that you're making assumptions based off of a few media interactions tells me enough about you.  You have no desire to do any legwork and figure out how Moss (or anyone else) is as a coach.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I could give a damn how he talks to the media.  I only care about what his players think.

Actually CWood that is the bottom line.  None of us really know the answer to this.  His pressers do not reflect on him in a favorable light.  He seriously pissed me off with his attitude.  Real jerk and that type of behavior was totally unnecessary. At the end of the day if he's a good coach and the players like him that is all that really matters.  If this is indeed the case great.  Hopefully the negative attitude isn't carrying into the locker room.  If it is you would think he'd already be gone.   It is a cause for concern though.  We'll see if anything comes of it going forward.

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

33 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Actually CWood that is the bottom line.  None of us really know the answer to this.  His pressers do not reflect on him in a favorable light.  He seriously pissed me off with his attitude.  Real jerk and that type of behavior was totally unnecessary. At the end of the day if he's a good coach and the players like him that is all that really matters.  If this is indeed the case great.  Hopefully the negative attitude isn't carrying into the locker room.  If it is you would think he'd already be gone.   It is a cause for concern though.  We'll see if anything comes of it going forward.

When has McCarthy ever made a proactive change to any coaching position?  His personnel changes consist of sacrificial lambs who he uses as scapegoats. The ST coach, and now the QB coach and DC.  Could he really only tell that these guys were unqualified after everything completely blew up for the world to see?  I don't buy the notion that these coaches are worthy of the jobs that they have, they are just warm bodies occupying the position until their time to be sacrificed.  

37 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I mean, how many coaches enjoy talking to the media?  There's maybe a handful of them.  I mean, Bill Bellichick is a real joy to talk with yet nobody is questioning it.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

The fact that you're (Patriotplayer90) making assumptions based off of a few media interactions tells me enough about you.  You have no desire to do any legwork and figure out how Moss (or anyone else) is as a coach.

If you are smart you can learn a great deal from very small clues. It takes some projection, and it is definitely helped by experience, but it's true nonetheless. 

You could hear almost complete silence in a forest and think nothing is going on. Someone in the same situation with more experience might realise he/she is being stalked. Interpretation through experience.

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If you are smart you can learn a great deal from very small clues. It takes some projection, and it is definitely helped by experience, but it's true nonetheless. 

You could hear almost complete silence in a forest and think nothing is going on. Someone in the same situation with more experience might realise he is being stalked. Interpretation through experience.

Take out "projection" and replace it with "assumption."

I think the bigger picture is being missed. Bottom line, when doing a press conference you are representing the organization and yourself. If part of your job is being available to reporters to answer questions about your position group you act professionally, even if you think it is beneath you or whatever your issue is with this requirement. Moss did not act professionally and did not represent the organization in a professional manner, twice. Moss should be a role model for the players on how to handle the media, the only thing he has done is make himself a target. After the first presser when he was being petulant, I would have thought someone would have gotten in his ear about the optics of his demeanor, obviously this did not happen and that is telling. I don't buy the argument that "this is football and I want my guys to be a bunch of A-holes with attitude". Moss has been a big part of this defense while it has struggled, so I question his coaching aptitude. For me this really comes down to the golden rule and criticism is what Moss deserves.

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You could hear almost complete silence in a forest and think nothing is going on. Someone in the same situation with more experience might realise he/she is being stalked. Interpretation through experience.

Coaches are under no obligation to be friendly to the media.  They're getting paid to coach, not answer questions from talking heads who have limited knowledge about football.

4 minutes ago, Redt said:

I think the bigger picture is being missed. Bottom line, when doing a press conference you are representing the organization and yourself. If part of your job is being available to reporters to answer questions about your position group you act professionally, even if you think it is beneath you or whatever your issue is with this requirement. Moss did not act professionally and did not represent the organization in a professional manner, twice. Moss should be a role model for the players on how to handle the media, the only thing he has done is make himself a target. After the first presser when he was being petulant, I would have thought someone would have gotten in his ear about the optics of his demeanor, obviously this did not happen and that is telling. I don't buy the argument that "this is football and I want my guys to be a bunch of A-holes with attitude". Moss has been a big part of this defense while it has struggled, so I question his coaching aptitude. For me this really comes down to the golden rule and criticism is what Moss deserves.

So...you're telling me you've never done anything that you didn't want to do and did it completely cheerfully?  Yeah, I don't buy it.

Archived