OTA Observations

sp6488

• Brown Jr. is getting a lot of hard coaching from Offensive Line Coach Joe D’Alessandris and had a lengthy chat with Pro Bowl guard Marshal Yanda on the sideline between plays. Yanda was clearly giving Brown some technique suggestions and the rookie seems to be handling it all well.
  • Another interesting note is that Nico Siragusa, who has returned from last year’s season-ending knee injury, was taking some practice snaps at center.
  • First-round rookie tight end Hayden Hurst had a good day. He is quick getting up the field after he catches the ball and he catches (just about) everything. He made a very tough grab in traffic over the middle of the field to move the chains. He also leaped to make a one-handed snag on a wayward screen pass.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/news-notes-tony-jefferson-makes-game-winning-interception

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Siragusa and Jimmy both already back on the practice field is impressive

Doesn't have to mean much though. I was back in game in less than 5 months after dislocating/breaking my ankle and breaking my leg - it took me close to a year before I was back to normal. I would still take it very slow with both players

48 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Really encouraging. Although Weddle calling Jimmy "Wolverine" has to be the least fitting superhero association I've ever heard.

Wolverine gets hurt a lot. Only superhero who gets hurt worse than wolverine is Deadpool

• Moore continued his strong offseason with a beautiful over-the-shoulder catch down the sideline. He tracks the ball well.
  • Flacco had one of his best throws of the week with a back-shoulder laser to receiver Tim White down the sideline. White made a nice play coming back to snare it.
  • Outside linebacker Matthew Judon isn’t an easy guy to juke, and Jackson found that out on one play in the backfield where Judon had the rookie dead to rights.
  • Undrafted rookie wide receiver Andre Levrone (Virginia) had a strong day and looks to have good chemistry with Jackson. Levrone is a muscled-up, bigger wide receiver (6-foot-2, 216 pounds) who has solid burst. He made one nice catch as he went low to the turf and also hauled in a pair of deep posts.
  • Fourth-round wide receiver Jaleel Scott had a pass go through his hands and get picked off by cornerback Marlon Humphrey. Humphrey celebrated by working on his intricate handshake with fellow cornerback Tavon Young for a few minutes on the sideline.
  • Wide receiver Willie Snead IV finished a strong minicamp with one of the best catches of the week when he dove to haul in a pass that went off a running back’s hands.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/news-and-notes-6-14-lamar-jackson-does-well-running-the-show-to-finish-minicamp

Archived