Eagles OTA/Training Camp News

Hockey5djh

So I was reading an article in the Athletic today about Eagles OTAs and I read this interesting tidbit....

The Eagles’ offensive line from left to right is: Jason Peters, Stefen Wisniewski, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks and Lane Johnson. Their continuity is rare and something we should probably mention more. The second-team OL from left to right is Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Chance Warmack, Jon Toth, Matt Pryor and Taylor Hart. As Jim Schwartz mentioned before practice, one goal of these practices is to give younger, less experienced players more reps. That’s at least part of the reason Toth is playing over Isaac Seumalo.

Isaac Seumalo is running with the third team OL. The explanation as of now is to "get younger players more time", I'm starting to wonder if Seumalo isn't on his way out. He's had plenty of chances to crack the roster as a LG which now seems to be firmly held by Wisnewski with Warmack in the back-up role. After Kelce completed another Pro bowl season and being named first team all-pro...where does Seumalo fit?

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Every time someone reports how good Sidney Jones looks.....it moves. Not gonna lie

Different article I read has him playing at slot corner early on in camp. The suggestion was that they're "throwing everyone there and seeing what sticks" at this point in OTAs, Bausby was playing the slot yesterday and Mills and Killings have both seen time there. It should shake out closer to training camp.

28 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also in a somewhat surprise (at least to me) Nate Gerry has been getting all of Mychal Kendricks' reps at starting Weak Side LB over Corey Nelson and KGH.

Honestly wouldn't look too hard into who is getting what reps until TC

I think they're seeing if Toth can be the backup C because Seumalo hasn't solidified himself between the tackles

Toth is a smart dude, mechanical engineering degree. 45+ consecutive starts at UK.

I can't see it being about younger guys reps when Seumalo is only 24, but seriously what does Schwartz know about the OL?  

Interesting to see Matt Pryor at Guard.

Also, if the Goal of the 2nd team is to get young players more experience, then why is Taylor Hart there rather than Mailata? Surely Mailata should be able to perform at the fundamental level at this point.

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

99% chance they resign Corey Graham when they feel like it

99% chance I'll hate that transaction

99% chance you'll post a lot more today

99% chance I'll be the first to say "11K! Petey you catching up slow down yo"

41 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

99% chance I'll hate that transaction

99% chance you'll post a lot more today

99% chance I'll be the first to say "11K! Petey you catching up slow down yo"

Have you heard Jim Schwartz talk about Corey Graham? It's sounds like something out of a romance novel. Dude is gonna be here next year, so best prepare yourself.

Also, best prepare yourself on that post count because I'm coming after you haha

Archived