The Best Super Bowl Victory & Why?

jsthomp2007

What do you all think is the best Super Bowl victory for the Broncos?  

I am going to go with Super Bowl L, because it was unexpected.  The Broncos were supposed to lose to the Steelers in the division playoff round.  They were supposed to get blown out by the Patriots, and then the Panthers....I don't think there were too many pundits who thought the Broncos would win.  Yet they did and in dominating fashion.  

41 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am going to go with Super Bowl LI, because it was unexpected.  The Broncos were supposed to lose to the Steelers in the division playoff round.  They were supposed to get blown out by the Patriots, and then the Panthers....I don't think there were too many pundits who thought the Broncos would win.  Yet they did and in dominating fashion.  

Its a toss up because in 97 they were double digit underdogs I also wanna say they had the record for point spread. Just the dominance grind it out type team they were in that game. 

21 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Its a toss up because in 97 they were double digit underdogs I also wanna say they had the record for point spread. Just the dominance grind it out type team they were in that game. 

Never knew we were that big of underdogs but I was also 3 going on 4 for that game

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

I am going to go with Super Bowl LI, because it was unexpected.  The Broncos were supposed to lose to the Steelers in the division playoff round.  They were supposed to get blown out by the Patriots, and then the Panthers....I don't think there were too many pundits who thought the Broncos would win.  Yet they did and in dominating fashion.  

That surprises me a bit jst. I'd of thought 97 would have been your choice. It's mine without a doubt. It was the best balanced team we'd ever had, we'd been knocking on the door forever, and we were 10+ point underdogs to the Mighty Packers. No way could our undersized OL deal with Gilbert Brown and associates. Brett Favre was going to carve our D apart. You remember the pregame press.

Then we played the game. We ran the ball down their throats, stuffed the run, and basically out-physicalled (I don't think that's really a word) the Packers. We beat 'em, wore out there D and pummeled 'em in the IOL, mugged their WR's pounded Favre and won our first Lombardi.

For me bud, it'll never get better than that. Had TD not missed the entire 2nd quarter with a migraine I don't think the game would have been close.

The monkey was finally off Elways and Denvers back.

Yeah.  I guess it will never get better than the 1st Super Bowl victory.  However, in terms of physicality, the LI team beat the crap out of the Panthers.  I watched the re-run the other day and the Panthers got punched in the mouth and then took an upper cut to the chin.  But, the first one was certainly surreal.  I remember where I was and what I was doing and what I was wearing when they won in 1997.  So, you might be right. 

I wonder if anyone will remember the victory over the Falcons?

I would say ‘97 was definitely the best.  The franchises first SB and just cementing Elways legacy after so many losses.  Though, I’ll say LI was the most surprising.  In ‘97 Denver’s team was loaded.  Elway was playing at his best, at least statistically, they had the best running game in the NFL, and they had a top 5 defense.  It was a complete team.  The LI SB I really didn’t expect to win and that Denver offense was pitiful.  I thought the Carolina defense (which was one of the best in the league) would domininate and Newton and the Panther offense would do enough to win. 

Living in Wisconsin the Upset of the packers was awesome and my personal greatest super bowl memory. I remember reading the local papers leading up to the game and how it was pretty much just a gimmie for the Packers. At the time I was in high school working at Burger King and they even had a special Gilbert Brown whopper with three patties and bacon. No one gave Denver a chance and we won pretty convincingly. From Davis having migraine and going out as a decoy  to Elways helicopter probably my favorite football moments. The trash talking after was pretty awesome as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, AKRNA said:

That surprises me a bit jst. I'd of thought 97 would have been your choice. It's mine without a doubt. It was the best balanced team we'd ever had, we'd been knocking on the door forever, and we were 10+ point underdogs to the Mighty Packers. No way could our undersized OL deal with Gilbert Brown and associates. Brett Favre was going to carve our D apart. You remember the pregame press.

Then we played the game. We ran the ball down their throats, stuffed the run, and basically out-physicalled (I don't think that's really a word) the Packers. We beat 'em, wore out there D and pummeled 'em in the IOL, mugged their WR's pounded Favre and won our first Lombardi.

For me bud, it'll never get better than that. Had TD not missed the entire 2nd quarter with a migraine I don't think the game would have been close.

The monkey was finally off Elways and Denvers back.

I agree 100%. Nothing will ever top Super Bowl XXXII as the greatest sports memory of my life. 

On 6/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

Yeah.  I guess it will never get better than the 1st Super Bowl victory.  However, in terms of physicality, the L team beat the crap out of the Panthers.  I watched the re-run the other day and the Panthers got punched in the mouth and then took an upper cut to the chin.  But, the first one was certainly surreal.  I remember where I was and what I was doing and what I was wearing when they won in 1997.  So, you might be right. 

I wonder if anyone will remember the victory over the Falcons?

I only remember bits and pieces, other than us winning.  There are 2 distinct things I remember, Rod Smith's 80 yd TD, and Eugene Robinson buying hookers.

Besides the 3 wins, the game that sticks in my memory the most, is the 1996 divisional playoff game (GD Mark Brunell).  We took the Jags for granted, and could've won 3 SB in a row.  Also lost our beautiful D block logo after that game.  So much bitterness lol.

Archived