The Best Super Bowl Victory & Why?

jsthomp2007

34 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Weren't we bigger underdogs in terms of spread to Carolina?

We were 10+ pt underdogs vs. GB - the final line was 11.5 officially.    CAR we were at 7 or so to begin with, it ended at 5.    Both were good weekends, I've only bet on 5 games directly (I've done prop bets, but few actual games ATS) - those 2 I felt so good we would at least cover, and had better than 50-50 to win, that it seemed like easy $.   Good times.

18 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

I only remember bits and pieces, other than us winning.  There are 2 distinct things I remember, Rod Smith's 80 yd TD, and Eugene Robinson buying hookers.

Besides the 3 wins, the game that sticks in my memory the most, is the 1996 divisional playoff game (GD Mark Brunell).  We took the Jags for granted, and could've won 3 SB in a row.  Also lost our beautiful D block logo after that game.  So much bitterness lol.

Yeah that moment goes up there to where I remember where I was and what I was doing during that game.  You think about it and had the Broncos not taken the Jags for granted they were probably playing in the Super Bowl that year.  That whole period could have been a tremendous run, because I think if Elway hung around one year after the Falcons Super Bowl, they could have gone three in a row, and perhaps four had they not run into the upstart Jags.

So, nobody is picking the Super Bowl v. The Falcons?  The one thing about that game was that it was relaxing....it was nice to watch a Super Bowl and have the reasonable expectation that we'd win by half-time...made the drinking for the day rather enjoyable too.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:56 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

So, nobody is picking the Super Bowl v. The Falcons?  The one thing about that game was that it was relaxing....it was nice to watch a Super Bowl and have the reasonable expectation that we'd win by half-time...made the drinking for the day rather enjoyable too.

I edited my post because it made no sense. I enjoyed all the wins equally, including beating Dan Reeves. Those loses in the 80's were so bitter...

For me personally it's Super Bowl LI. 

Mainly as when the Broncos won Superbowl XXXI and XXXII I wasn't watching American Football. Didn't start getting into it until a few years later so LI was the only Broncos victory I saw live and as an actual Broncos Fan. (Have seen the 97 and 98 ones since though)

It was also the last game of my favourite player and a great moment for him to end his career and into retirement, becoming the first player to QB two different teams to the championship. Sure it wasn't his best season and the team had to bring Brock Osweiler in for part of the season but he'll always be a GOAT and he did some awesome things whilst in Denver. (Breaking the TD regular season record, showing he still had it)

It also meant I got to see both my teams win a Superbowl, so definitely my personal favourite Bronco SB win. 

On 6/28/2018 at 4:56 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

That was much more relaxing, but it wasn't as fun as the year before. Overcoming history and the defending champion Packers was the most satisfying day I had as a fan.

Who remembers when the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl. I know a little off topic but that was also one of the greatest nights of football I can remember. I was actually watching the game with a good friend who happens to be a die hard Raiders fan, I think he lasted until a little past halftime before kicking me out for laughing. There was a point I actually felt bad for him they were getting beat so bad and I still cant believe they welcomed Chucky back with open arms after that, I wonder if he is allowed to wear the ring at work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 7:41 AM, MillerTime81 said:

Who remembers when the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl. I know a little off topic but that was also one of the greatest nights of football I can remember. I was actually watching the game with a good friend who happens to be a die hard Raiders fan, I think he lasted until a little past halftime before kicking me out for laughing. There was a point I actually felt bad for him they were getting beat so bad and I still cant believe they welcomed Chucky back with open arms after that, I wonder if he is allowed to wear the ring at work.

Certainly remember hating the Raiders being in the Super Bowl...loved watching them get smacked.  Alas, I am sure Raider fan was happy to what Seattle did to us.  However, if one of the other division rivals makes it to the Super Bowl, I would welcome it, if not cheer for them as I like it when our division is the best in the league...hate to say it, but would welcome seeing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.  They have good fans who deserve to cheer for a Super Bowl team.  The Chargers...meh..they don't have as steadfast a following...their fans like them only when they are good.  

Archived