VT CB Adonis Alexander expected to enter supplemental draft

Broncofan

Suspended 2x, injured, so not likely going to get an early supplemental pick, but hard to find corners with his size/speed combo, and the lure of getting an early return on a 2019 pick, I could see someone spending a Day 3 pick on him.   Should be interesting to see how this shakes out. 

FWIW apparently he was academically ineligible, so not a personal conduct issue....this time.

I thought he was going to come out this year so I actually did a lot of work on him. He's got a great body to work with, but he's still getting beaten way too much. He doesn't have great COD skills which maim his ability to mirror WR's in man coverage. He's consistently beaten in the intermediate game against guys he should be blanketing. He's very intriguing as a pure cover 3 corner, but I wouldn't in any world spend a 3rd round pick on him, regardless of whether it was the supplemental draft or the regular draft. He's not that kind of talent.

I'm thinking 5th or early 6th for my teams, but I might pass. Team need, and all that.

He's raw and he will have to sit a while, no matter where he goes or which position he plays. I think he's a safety, but he might stay at corner.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:44 AM, Techbert said:

I'm thinking 5th or early 6th for my teams, but I might pass. Team need, and all that.

He's raw and he will have to sit a while, no matter where he goes or which position he plays. I think he's a safety, but he might stay at corner.

Sit to learn or for disciplinary reasons?

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

VT's STs hasn't been nearly as exciting lately as in Beamer's heyday. 

My point is they still played it. He has experience doing it. Not all college starters do (or for long).

Archived