Best weather in the country

2 hours ago, MrDrew said:

I lived in CA until I was 27, and I've lived in CO for the last 11yrs. I would take 25-30 and snowing here over 50 and raining in CA any time. Temperature doesn't always tell you how cold it feels.

Now the people in San Diego complaining about 60 in the winter need to have dumped on them, and then be thrown in a walk-in freezer...

Whereabouts in CA?

Of the places I've lived (CO, FL, GA, RI, MA) Colorado was perfect for me. I was stationed at Ft. Carson and even when it got hot like 90+ degrees in the summer there wasn't much humidity so it didn't even feel that hot. I would be in full BDU's working in the motorpool and barely sweating. And even though it can be pretty harsh in the winter the mountains surrounding the city tended to get the brunt of the storms and in the time I was there I didn't have any of the white out blizzards like we get up here in Rhode Island. Places like the North and South east just get way too humid in the Summer.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:13 PM, Phire said:

I've lived in Hawaii, Pennsylvania, and Florida.

Cold weather sucks. All the trees die. All you see is dead trees for months. It literally hurts to be outside. The snow causes you to walk around in soggy socks and shoes sometimes. Ice destroys your vehicle. Sometimes you have to run your vehicle for half an hour before you can drive the dang thing burning precious fuel. Never again.

Hawaii and Florida are somewhat close but Hawaii takes the cake. There really is no "bad" weather in Hawaii. Florida has tons of storms.

"The cold keeps the bad people away." - Prince

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, Phire said:

I've lived in Hawaii, Pennsylvania, and Florida.

Cold weather sucks. All the trees die. All you see is dead trees for months. It literally hurts to be outside. The snow causes you to walk around in soggy socks and shoes sometimes. Ice destroys your vehicle. Sometimes you have to run your vehicle for half an hour before you can drive the dang thing burning precious fuel. Never again.

Hawaii and Florida are somewhat close but Hawaii takes the cake. There really is no "bad" weather in Hawaii. Florida has tons of storms.

The leaves die. Not the trees.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:09 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Agreed.  I've played golf in Scottsdale in 100+ degree weather.  If you can find some shade it's really not that bad.  When you're directly in the Sun though, oh boy...

have you ever been stuck in a phoenix sandstorm?
have you ever cleaned sand off of every out door profession you have?

arizona is hell and people shouldn't live there

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, jfinley88 said:

oregon's the move 

Not Klamath Falls, the weather there changes every hour, was there for 4 weeks in april got snowed on first day then 90 degrees 2 days later no thanks beautiful country but weather is all over the place.

Archived