Supplemental Draft

moretti19

Double up the Alexanders's?

Adonis Alexander of Virginia Tech is entering the Supplemental Draft.

6'3 205lb

Alexander, 21, received what one scout described as a "big grade" from one of the scouting services NFL teams use and could've come out in the 2018 NFL Draft in April. But Alexander says he elected to return to school in part because he promised his parents he'd finish his degree. That was before his GPA sunk again, leaving him to file an appeal that was denied about a month ago, he said. He intends to hold a pro-day workout at the school in a few weeks, according to his agent, Andy Ross of SSG Football (a Virginia Tech alum), and take visits thereafter.

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'd take him in round 3. He may be worthy of round 2, but we've heavily invested at CB and he's ineligible and has a few red flags. 

Just watched some quick tape of him and i'm impressed. With guys his size though it will all come down to his agility and quickness drills at his pro day to determine where he is drafted I think. If he has Kevin King type numbers I think your right about the 2nd round possibility.

2 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

Already trying to make up for the extra pick next year are we?

Depending on his agility scores, i'd give a third. I don't think anyone is talking about a 1st rounder. If the guy can win the 5th spot or beat out house why not?  

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

Depending on his agility scores, i'd give a third. I don't think anyone is talking about a 1st rounder. If the guy can win the 5th spot or beat out house why not?  

True - why not if the roster can potentially be improved - but with specific regard to the House question, dont we have younger, more athletic guys on the roster ready to do that yet?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

True - why not if the roster can potentially be improved - but with specific regard to the House question, dont we have younger, more athletic guys on the roster ready to do that yet?

1. King 2. Tramon 3.Alexander 4. J. Jackson

So you are right, they would be battling for the 5th corner spot. Imagine if this kid hit and so did King. Two 6'3 corners would be crazy.

5 hours ago, moretti19 said:

House is already gone, you're enamored, I'm not sinking 123 at CB again without Randy Moss. Too rich for my blood. The round doesn't matter, but a day 2 pick adds legitimacy to my only half serious quip. I'd rather spend it when the board suits me better.

Archived