Supplemental Draft

moretti19

Cant see giving up a 2nd for Beal. I'm thinking he will go in the 4th. That's what I would bid for him and a 5th for Adonnis. I bring in the safety, Bryant as a FA. Amazing talent, but a DUI, an injury concern and academic issue. There are reasons these guys are in the supplemental draft and none of them good. Couple that with, as someone mentioned already, they are way behind even other rookies. You are only getting a special teamer the rookie year.

former NFL personnel guy Greg Gabriel with his thoughts on the supplemental draft:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/07/06/greg-gabriels-2018-nfl-supplemental-draft-breakdown-virginia-tech-cb-adonis-alexander/a1p75db/

"Clubs are cautious because often they just don’t have the information on supplemental players that they do on regular draft players. The window in which to acquire that information is small, and if there are issues, the club may not have enough time to do the proper research on the player.

Then there is also the time factor. A player who is in a supplemental draft has not been part of an offseason program. He goes to camp just a short time after the draft and is immediately way behind the other players on the roster. If he doesn’t have some “special” to him, why waste a draft pick? In many cases, the club using the supplemental draft pick feels that the player it is selecting will make the club and is more talented than incumbent players. If that isn’t the case, why waste a draft pick?

Generally speaking, players in a supplemental draft do not go as high as their talent level dictates because of many of the reasons I listed above. The risk/reward is much greater than in a regular draft. All clubs interested in these guys will have a medical done, and its result also factors into where a player is drafted. "

Supplemental Mock:

1) Whey from Biotics

2) Total Protein Shakes from Metagenics

3) Colon Cleanser - from minnesota

4) Creatine - from Energetix

5) Erectile Dysfunction - from Gaia Herbs

6) Immune Boost - from ProThera

7) Hair Growth- from Thorne Research

Archived