Adonis Alexander

Blitzburgh

I hear this kid, Adonis Alexander, has first round talent and will be entering the supplemental draft.  6’3” 207 lb CB.   Think the Steelers will have any interest?

i don’t remember the Steelers ever being active in the supplemental draft.

The Steelers seem pretty satisfied with the current CB position as am I. I mean, every team could use an upgrade but to me, this is the best CB group we've had in a while on paper. They could have some interest but I'm betting another team will have more. 

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers wont have any interest whatsoever in a player with his red flags.

Bengals will scoop him up.

I disagree slightly. They did pickup Thomas as an UDFA who had similar issues which are mostly academic (tho Alexander does have a marijuana possession charge). Granted he was an UDFA and Alexander will cost a draft pick. How high? Who knows. But given Thomas' presence on the roster (whether he ultimately makes it or not) shows they are Ok with that "type" of player on the roster. The questions becomes how much would they be willing to invest in that "type" of player? A 5th Rdr? That doesn't seem to risky. However, I don't know if a 5th Rdr nabs him. 

22 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I disagree slightly. They did pickup Thomas as an UDFA who had similar issues which are mostly academic (tho Alexander does have a marijuana possession charge). Granted he was an UDFA and Alexander will cost a draft pick. How high? Who knows. But given Thomas' presence on the roster (whether he ultimately makes it or not) shows they are Ok with that "type" of player on the roster. The questions becomes how much would they be willing to invest in that "type" of player? A 5th Rdr? That doesn't seem to risky. However, I don't know if a 5th Rdr nabs him. 

Plus they signed Thomas to a 3 year deal after rookie camp! Pretty promising... 

Archived