Sign in to follow this  
iPwn

Camp Battles - RG

The team is evaluating its right guard spot with incumbent starter A.J. Cann sidelined with an undisclosed injury. His role has been filled by journeyman Josh Walker, who appeared in two games for the Jaguars last season.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/josh-walker-receiving-an-opportunity-as-jaguars-evaluate-right-guard-position/559545129

Walker intrigued me a bit when we picked him up last year. Hope he can push Cann a bit.

I think Cann wins by default. He was better in the playoffs but yeesh he is inconsistent. Hopefully he added some muscle this off-season.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I think Cann wins by default. He was better in the playoffs but yeesh he is inconsistent. Hopefully he added some muscle this off-season.

If he's healthy, yeah...i think it's his job to lose, if not just his by default.  But he hasn't been so amazing as to have chiseled his name in stone as the starting RG and injury can open doors.

So what is going on with this situation? Is can healthy? If not, when will he be back? 

37 minutes ago, Jags said:

So what is going on with this situation? Is can healthy? If not, when will he be back? 

Sounds like he's confident the spot is his, but he's still working back. Marrone seems as though he wants to be careful with rushing him back.

Confidence is something this team doesnt lack although if I were Cann, i wouldnt exactly feel safe. Not like if he doesnt with the RG job, he has another spot on the line. Those 4 are locked in or at least not for him

Cann was out there today.