DJ Chark

Dede Westbrook

Keelan Cole

Jaydon Mickens

Shane Wynn

Tevaun Smith

Allen Lazard

Dorren Miller

The Jaguars come in to camp with 11 Wide Receivers on the roster. The smart money is on Lee, Moncrief, Chark and Cole making the roster. Beyond that though, some interesting battles open up. Westbrook is seemingly a favorite for a roster spot given his potential, but may have fallen out of favor with the staff. Rashad Green seemed like an obvious camp casualty, but apparently is putting together a stellar camp so far. Allen Lazard is a project player who the team seems interested in. Guys like Mickes and Wynn offer Special Teams ability that is always in demand.

So who makes the roster? Who is a starter? Who gets injured and can't play the season?

I got 

Lee, Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Chark and Greene (just based off of coaches raving about him at OTA’s).

Lee and Moncrief start on the outside with Cole in the slot.

Westbrook and Chark on the outside with Cole in the slot when Lee and Moncrief are on IR.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I got 

Lee, Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Chark and Greene (just based off of coaches raving about him at OTA’s).

Lee and Moncrief start on the outside with Cole in the slot.

Westbrook and Chark on the outside with Cole in the slot when Lee and Moncrief are on IR.

I'd hate to lose Mickens considering how great he was returning and even showed flashes at WR vs Houston

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd hate to lose Mickens considering how great he was returning and even showed flashes at WR vs Houston

Yea, I could see Mickens for that lost spot as well. I have no idea who will grab that last spot but I just went with Greene for now based off what we are hearing.

It seemed like he fell out of favor as the main PR down the stretch. I think Dede or Chark will be our PR.

I think it probably comes down to Mickens vs Greene for that last spot.  I'd mostly written Greene off, but if he has a great camp...maybe he sneaks in.  Gonna have to show something on ST to unseat Mickens...but i'm not convinced Mickens ST spot is safe either.

Moncrief/Lee/Cole/Dede/Chark are locks i'd think.  Really just that one spot left.

This WR group is packed with solid talent. No one is an actual standout talent that's considered a top 20 player at the position, but it is a ton of guys who are B level and specialize in something. I could easily see the Jaguars taking 7 WRs into the season with each contributing in their own way. It's going to be a dog fight for a spot on this roster. 

History shows that the WR position is very exciting, but it is a position that having an elite player at does not contribute to winning games and ultimately championships. Their are many elite WRs who were on losing teams or on never won the SB. If we consider some of the last few SB winning teams we'll find many teams that didn't have an elite WR on the squad. 

Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks, Saints, and Ravens to name a few.  Depending on how you rank Victor Cruz and Greg Jennings, you could possibly throw a few more names in there. 

Archived